Sparkle1992 Sparkle1992 18-21, F 18 Answers Apr 11, 2012

You know the old cliche: if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.<br />
Education is always worth it. Always worth the time and effort. It grows you in unique ways, that give you a decided advantage over those without. It's not just about the ticket and job access, though that's important of course. It's about what it teaches you through the process of learning, of contributing with others to a set of academic ideas. It's about the principles of clear thinking and understanding, of interpreting evidence, of dealing with issues rationally and ob<x>jectively. Those are sustaining skills for 21 century, not just for the gaining of some certificate.

Best Answer

I agree with you in many ways. =)

Best Answer

It really just depends on what you studied and where you live and how high the demand for people in your field is. Medical people are in pretty high demand, usually. But more "frivolous" fields, like design, drama, fine arts, liberal arts, etc. are harder to find positions in after graduation. <br />
I know lots of people with degrees who work at Walmart or McDonalds, which is really sad.

Best Answer

It could be, in some situations, But many graduate owing $100,000.00. And end up working for someone who went to work right out of high school,and has worked there way up.

Best Answer

Not neccessarily, depends on your major.

Best Answer

I believe they taught the difference between there, their and they're in grade school, which was free.

Best Answer

We can't all be smart like you,
It must be hard for a person of your Intelligence to
Torerate the Juvenile mistakes of everyday People.Like me. I not being Paid to answer questions, If you want proper spelling and grammer you better find a more Intellictual sight.

Best Answer

Yes it IS!! You may have to do alot now, but, IT'S THE REST OF UR LIFE WE R TALKING ABOUT! You can make more money the more you know.

Best Answer

Nursing will definitely get you a job, but doctors treat you like dogs--let's face it, you are there to literally do all the dirty work. So, I'd either specialize (private duty nurse, OR nurse, ER nurse, etc.), or go for physician's assistant, which pays better and doesn't take that much more time to achieve. Go for it and good luck.

Best Answer

Thank you so much! Yes, i know nurses are not treated very well.
And i will def. keep your advice in mind! =)
I was thinking about going down the path of Nurse Practitioner in Pediatrics or something along the lines of it. Definitely where I do specialize in something.

Best Answer

Simple but often ignored truth about work: If you can do something that stimulates you, something that's hard (a specialty), and do that something very well, you'll always be in demand (the Golden child), and people will always be nice to you (really makes work life better). For me, it's professional editing, academic / research writing, and teaching writing. People hate doing those things and are generally bad at them, therefore I can do something that most cannot--even really well educated people. Makes me valuable.

Best Answer

It is worth it in the sense that you get a qualification which people request in the end. The knowledge is the real prize, as is the perseverance and sticking with it.

Best Answer

Yes. Without a doubt, higher ed is worth it.

Best Answer

yea it make best you been life god walk with you all way

Best Answer

It really and truly depends on what you go to school for. You can't get a degree in philosophy and then get a decent job. You need to be practical. You may want to major in painting, but the odds are you won't become a famous artist or go into performing arts, another field that very few are lucky at. Really look at what jobs are in demand. Nursing is huge right now. If I could stand the sight of blood, I'd go back to school for it. As it is, I have a degree in English, what the hell was I thinking?

Best Answer

I was thinking about going into nursing.

Best Answer

Well, you'll have your pick of jobs, thats for sure.

Best Answer

It is worthed for the one's who has brains for school

Best Answer

For me? absolutely...it is going to get me where I want to be in my career. So yes it is worth it

Best Answer

What is your career?

Best Answer

going to school to work in forensics

Best Answer

awesome!

Best Answer

Thank you!! :-)

Best Answer

To me yes. That really depends upon the person. In here, a degree means honor for a family because not everyone gets the opportunity to get into a good university or college here and it was worth the time and effort because during those times it has given me a perspective about the future. Up to you though because there isn't any worth if you are going to go to college without the passion to be in one anyway.

Best Answer

Of course it is..it's your future. You cannot get anywhere without a degree. period.

Best Answer

You can still get anywhere without a degree. But you have less opportunity than those who actually have a degree.

Best Answer

Education is always worth time and effort as it drastically improves the quality of your life.
Education and college however, are not the same thing.
Your whole life everyone tells you that people who dont go to colledge are failures and will spend the rest of their lives working at Mcdonalds or in prison, but thats simply not true.
You don't have to go to colledge to be successful.
Successful, smart people are people who educate themselves. you can do it through school but thats not the only route.
Spending the rest of your life paying for a title doesn't make you intelligent

Best Answer

Up to you. I learned nothing in school and had to re-learn everything once I got out. But I'd go back if I can only find a way.

Best Answer