I believe gay marriage is a good thing, it allows committed gay partners to affirm their relationships. It also gives them the tax breaks that hetero couples have been benefiting off for years. Since for millenia marriage was seen as owning the female, then later owning a female of only the same race, then later entering into a equal partnership, and finally an equal partnership between a male and a female regardless of race; I see this as the final and logical conclusion. Since animals cannot give consent, I don't believe marrying animals is yet another step, nor do I foresee child brides making a comeback, and I find the idea of women exchanging vows with vibrators laughable. Your thoughts?
GnatFree GnatFree 26-30, F 37 Answers Sep 25, 2010

Gays should be allowed to marry, and so should bi's and transgenders..<br />
but not republicans.

Best Answer

bad , apart from religious side it definitely has long term social impacts.

Best Answer

Well in court, not a single defender of traditional marriage could come up with a PROVEN reason. Also Massachussetts has had it for a while and the world hasn't ended. You sound like one of those people who say mixed marriage is a bad thing because it confuses the child since they don't belong to just one race.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
But still, I'm curious, what exactly are these long term problems?

Best Answer

We don't owe it to anybody to change the definition of marriage because it doesn't suit them.<br />
"So we shouldn't have changed it so freed black slaves could marry? We shouldn't have changed it so a white man and a black woman could marry?" Aha. You are wrong there. There was no historical perception that a relationship betweeen people of different races could not be a marriage. Read Othello. Read history: whenever people of different races mingled interracial marriages ended up happening, like with Pocohantas.. The slave-owning states (and not others) passed laws against blacks and whites marrying and not against homosexual "marriage". Why is obvious. No laws of the latter sort because nobody would have dreamt of considering a homosexual relationship a marriage. But they knew that if they did not prohibit marriages between blacks and whites such marriages would be performed and would be regarded as marriages, which would serve to undermine the ideological basis for slavery long term. The idea that miscegenation is wrong is not one that has been historically prevalent. Moses married a Cushite woman in the Bible, probably a Nubian. There is simply no comparison.

Best Answer

So we shouldn't have changed it so freed black slaves could marry? We shouldn't have changed it so a white man and a black woman could marry?

Best Answer

I think marriage is a good thing....straight/gay....whatever!

Best Answer

It's not good or bad. It just is.

Best Answer

Ugh, "we shouldn't have to change the definition of marriage", why the hell not? The single most important defining condition of "marriage" is "a contract joining two people in a romantic union".The very fact that you're capable of understanding the phrase "gay marriage" means the term hasn't been redefined - if it was, you'd all be saying "But, that's meaningless - why would a gay man marry a lesbian?" <br />
Pathetic semantic argument to justify your own prejudice.

Best Answer

Bad. First, it's like ruins the religion believe - adam and eve - marriage between a man and a woman. Second, it can ruins humans population if gay marriage will be huge in the next future.

Best Answer

I think that everyone no matter sex, ethnicity, beliefs should have the right to marry, regardless of their sexual orientation. How many men already married have proven not to be really heterosexual?

Best Answer

I dunno. I also don't know why you'd resurrect a dead question.

Best Answer

Sorry I didn't look at the date, I'm new in this site, I'm exploring and answering a few question here and there. I think it's still an actual question

Best Answer

Not in my state it's not. Live Free or Die......That's a clue by the by.

Best Answer

If people love each other enough to commit to one another, who are we to stand in the way? Or to judge....?

Best Answer

gay marriage in my opinion is good. A lot of people have their differences and not everyone can change that. there is a different from religion and government. For religion it's what your church believes and government for what the state has it as, either it banned or not banned. But if you really think about it, it is your own choice to be or not to be gay or lesbian. And plus it is your life not theirs. If you want to be gay be gay if you want to be strait be strait. The bible says not to judge but still love one another. so those of you who are about to say something against it because it is what your religion has and you are gonna say stuff like go to hell...DON'T JUDGE. What makes you any better than them? nothing. we are all equal as one.

Best Answer

Hey I'm a republican... Well more towards the middle. And to be honest I think that the individual, wheather they be man or women should be able to marry there significant other whether they be man or women. This is my belief, and after hours of reading articles about same sex marriage I became aware that it is a sin by god. However so is murder, rape, and countless other things that every person has at least committed( not necessarily murder ;) once, and by god have received forgiveness. So let me ask you this why is homosexuality such a big deal when even murderers receive forgiveness from god.

Best Answer

i am all for gay marriage i don't see what's wrong with it so i'm all for it

Best Answer

Im not gay but im neither qualified or justified enough to tell another person who to spend thier life with so I dont have a problem with it.

Best Answer

It depends on the society around them. In keeping with our "God Given Right", everyone has the Right, to do as they choose, so long as it doesn't interfere with the Rights of others. It's that simple. Just don't ask our government to make laws, which would tax me.<br />
There is a "Downside" though, which does not effect anyone. The Gay Society cannot reproduce. How do they expect to fix that problem?

Best Answer

Wow - lots of interesting points of view... But let's face the fact that being "gay" has been around since almost the beginning of time. In every early culture there were "gays" and it surprised me to learn of their acceptance in early China!<br />
But getting back to the question I would have to say "Good" ba<x>sed upon the desire of two people wanting to become as one. That "feeling" has nothing to do with politics or religion and is solely an emotion called "LOVE."

Best Answer

Good everyone has the right to be happy!!!

Best Answer

Marriage is an institution, who wants to live in an insttution, Child brides, look at our own royal marriages uk. pssport marriages, Let me tell you a story.............. (laters)<br />
gold digger marriages...<br />
Who can really define what marriage is these days? it seems to be all things for all people after years of being used as a tool of control by church society and convention.<br />
I simply cannot answer this question despite having a wiccan marriage an Islamic Nikkah and two legal ceremonies or perhaps that in itself is the answer.

Best Answer

Gay marriage is a good thing for lawyers, they will no longer be allowed to just walk away from a relationship. They will have to deal with the issues of alimony, court cost, attonery fees, and etc.<br />
I still have not heard a good excuse to desire a marriage over a civil union contract.

Best Answer

How would you like it if gays were the majority and you had only a civil union granting you partnership but no inheritance, or the possibility to file jointly on your taxes. Would you be okay with not being allowed in a hospital room of your loved one because it's only for family and spouses?

Best Answer

marriage is about commitment, love, respect and it shouldn't matter what your sexual orientation is.

Best Answer

obamination

Best Answer

it's Abomination try spell check. Obama had nothing to do with this. The states and THE PEOPLE decided on it themselves, you can't blame Obama for this one. Don't even try.

Best Answer