If yes or no why? What colors? Please state your gender and age please
lover21JJ lover21JJ 22-25, F 112 Answers Jul 17, 2011

Male, 45, straight father.. Yes, definitely, men should wear nail color, anywhere they feel like wearing it!<br />
The ONLY reason not to wear it is FEAR - of what strangers might think, of being judged "unmanly"... but since when does "be a man" mean "do what you're told, conform, seek the safety of the herd, quiver in fear of being noticed and NEVER stand out"?<br />
It's JUST PAINT - the only thing that "makes it" for women only is society's stupid prejudice. And society isn't even consistent... it's perfectly fine for men to have artwork tattooed on their skin, but a spot of paint on the nails "makes" men gay? Society admires men who display their "manliness" by driving a "Fast&Furious" wannabe car with spoiler, ground effects, fancy rims, underbody neon and CUSTOM PAINT... but if a drop of that paint lands on his fingers, it's "game over" for him?<br />
I trust Tyler Durden on this: "You are not your car.. the money in your wallet.. or your effing khakis!" ...... and I am not the color on my nails! In other words, IF society must judge a man, judge him by his CHARACTER, not by the color of his nails.

Best Answer

You are amazing !! You really inspired me !! Thank you !

Best Answer

Great post wish I could be strong but one step at time.

Best Answer

Wow nice speech and I must agree, society should only judge you on your character, and nails are the canvasses of the human body, paint your nail men, and dont allow jackasses judge you!!!

Best Answer

I love it when a guy has a healthy self image and is not constrained by what others think he should be. If a man wants to compliment his look by wearing his toenails painted black then why not?<br />
My SO has had his toenails painted before and I think it rocks on him!

Best Answer

i am a 13 year old boy and yes boys should wear nail polish. i wear bright colours on my toe nails and clear on my finger nails, the only problem is is that i have a fear of going out in public with a bright colour on my nails and i think im just going get faces pulled at me and nasty words thrown at me. my girlfriend loves it! shes happy to do mine for me :) but overall i think men should have the freedom to wear what they want whether its nail polish or not. oh and also im straight.

Best Answer

It's grate that other young people do this sort of thing

Best Answer

so do i in 16

Best Answer

If you are out with a woman it is not as bad then if alone .

Best Answer

That is how it gets accepted young people start doing it.

Best Answer

Yes, you'll get some funny looks, and fewer harsh words... but who cares? If I say "you're an elephant", does that make you an elephant? If I actually, honestly THINK you're an elephant, does that mean that you ARE an elephant... or does that mean that MY brain is delusional? When everybody told Columbus that "Earth is flat, you'll sail off the Edge".... was Earth flat, or was everybody just wrong? If anyone ever has a problem with your nail color... it's THEIR PROBLEM! And, if your girlfriend likes it, you really have no problem at all!

Best Answer

Yes, why not? if i spend money into look smart why not my feet? i love to paint over all in summer time, so i can show them in public with flip flops or shoeles at the beach. I use to paint in metallic, gold, chocolate and some times in hot red. I.d like to see more men with painted toenails, is amart and sexy. Cheers! (45 yo guy from Madrid@spain)

Best Answer

Of course, if they want to? Who's is going to stop them?<br />
- some little old lady who makes a grimace face?<br />
- some teenage girls who giggle?<br />
- some self-righteous person who thinks everyone should follow their rules?<br />
If so, then you're missing out some the great compliments like when someone asks you the color because they want to buy it too,<br />
or when a gal notices and thinks you're sexy because you're different and fun,<br />
or the satisfaction of looking down and seeing your toes sparkling in the sunshine, <br />
or the wonderful feeling from just being "you" and not having to conform?<br />
It's a no-brainer in my opinion.

Best Answer

YES!! I am a 14 yr straight boy and I totally agree I am a normal boy I play basketball soccer n track I love to do soo many "boy things" but I also enjoy to paint my nails. I think that it is so unfair how people make judgements on how men can wear nail polish or they will magically become gay. I know I'm not gay but it is soo stupid how men get prejudged by their nails. I hav wore pink red and blue polish on my toes for the last year and I some time wear clears on my hands. I started out paint my nails because I was sitting down looking at all these girl talking about their nails and showing each others nails to each other and then I realize that I want to give it a try not to be a girl but to add a little color. Plain nails just don't have the same flavor as painted nails. I now paint my toes all the time. I haven't told anyone about me painting my nails but I will when I m ready. I don't want to like tell anyone I just want to like walk into the house one day with pink toes and like red and blue strips on my hands. I really do hope a can gain some courage because I no that I should stand for wat I believe in but I just get to scared.<br />
Oh and I think that all men should be free to try any color nail polish. I don't like it wen some one say I'm not goin to limit men with nail polish but I not going to accept wat colors they wear. That's the same thing as limiting, it just on a different level. Thanks. Bye๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’…paint on!!!

Best Answer

where is it written that boys can't wear nail polish, is there a law or something?

Best Answer

sure, I'm a 49 year old male, my wife is a nail tech. One night while she was giving me a pedicure I'd had a little too much tequila, I had her paint mine and I was quiet amazed at how good they looked. Ever since then I wear it a lot. I'm wearing lincoln park after dark now. I get regular pedicures, I wear sandles in public.It was a little difficult at first in public, but my wife supports me, I'm straight, 1st degree black belt, I'm very secure in who I am. I don't care what others think, I'm being ME.

Best Answer

Jm 22 yes i think should wear nailpolish because I'm wearing a green metallic nail polish On my toes right now

Best Answer

Sure! It not only a great way to express oneself but it's also artistic and fun for men and women alike. Wearing nail polish doesn't hurt anyone and provides many benefits.<br />
And for guys, they tend to take better care of their nails when wearing polish, so another good reason to do it!<br />
- Toepaintguy

Best Answer

I would love to wear openly and it to become a fashion for males. I really want to get a pedicure with my spouse. I have worn in private when home alone.

Best Answer

I wear nail polish everyday 24/7 and the only thing I get complments from women and the ask were I get them done !!! my answer Is I do them my self and they are amased that a guy can do that !!!!

Best Answer

Absolutely - if they like it and want to? Life's too short to get concerned about a little paint on one's nails.

Best Answer

YES !. 50 yrs male . I wear blue . still not secure enough to wear in public.<br />
Why can men wear ear rings and not paint toe nails ?

Best Answer

I remember when earings where not accepted for guys. Now not just one ear but both. I have both pierced and wear peace symbol in both ears. I have seen some teens have multiple piercing in both ears.

Best Answer

i started painting mine after my daughter wanted to one day now they stay polished and colores are not an issue i like the blues and no i am not gay

Best Answer

go for it <br />
my wife loves my nails polished

Best Answer

A resounding YES...! I wear Sally Hansen Bold Buff on my finger AND<br />
toe nails. Not "in your face" bright color, but neutral enough so that I can wear it all the time, which I do.<br />
I also wear Lo'Real 800 "Fairest Nude" lipstick all the time.<br />
(Male 50's)

Best Answer

Definitely YES! People should mind their own business and let other people enjoy their lives to the fullest. If wearing nail polish makes them happy so be it. The only difference between a man and a woman are the genitals, and I say this because some men have bigger and fuller chest than some women. And some women are physically stronger than some men. When it comes to brains, women are better than men at multitasking, men are better than women at other things and so on. We are all equal, so we should have equal opportunities, and that includes wearing nail polish.

Best Answer

If they want to, of course! Some guys are curious and want to try it because they've seen others wearing it and thought it looked pretty decent. Having great looking nails is something everyone should enjoy!<br />
I am male and 39 and have been wearing my toes polished ever since my wife first did them for me almost six years ago. I would never go back to bare nails now that I've experienced how good they can look with polish.

Best Answer

Duhhhhh is the answer. I agree with "You are not your car.. the money in your wallet.. or your effing khakis!"<br />
Nail polish will soon be a guy thing too!

Best Answer

I'm a 63 yr. old straight male. Good looking and in shape for my age. I have been painting my toenails, and sometimes fingernails, for 12 yrs. or so. For toenails, I use any color I feel like at the time. Pink, red, silver, purple, green, you name it. I like it because I have smaller feet for a man, about 9 or 9/12. I keep my feet scrubbed with a stone scrubber and very clean and the polish makes them stand out and they look good. I don't mind wearing flip flops to show them off. I use nude beige on my fingernails but I don't do them that often. Frankly if men want to paint their toenails, I think it's fine. There is too much stereo typing about women and men doing things that some think should only be male or female.

Best Answer