So yesterday my bf and I went out for lunch for his birthday and it was my very first time meeting his brother and sister-in-law. During the whole time, neither or them really asked me questions about myself...they were laughing and talking amongst themselves and bringing up inside jokes. I tried making conversation every now and then, but it seemed like they weren't really interested. I felt a little stupid and felt like they didn't care about me all that much....do you think they acted inappropriately or should I just lighten up?
Justneedadvice Justneedadvice 22-25, F 5 Answers Aug 1, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I don't think they meant to be. People who know each other are going to seem that way to someone new or someone on the outside.

Best Answer

Sounds like they are ********, what did your bf do?

Best Answer

I talked to him about later, and he told me to stop being a "whiney c***".....imagine that.

Best Answer

Oh NO...Run for your life! Seriously...run...

Best Answer

Are you Fn kiddin me? he called you a ****? Wow...

Best Answer

If you ask if they were being rude, then they were. Nevertheless, I'd continue to try to get to know them, realizing in advance they are a pretty tight-knit group and it will take time for them to come around to know you.

Best Answer

Sounds uncivilized. Maybe they are uneducated? Some people don't know how to socialize and feel inadequate with strangers so they limit themselves to inside jokes and keep their distance. I would just give it a chance, maybe they will warm up to you eventually. If you are comfortable with your bf, then ask him what he thinks.

Best Answer