When I was nine years old my daddy's car was hit by a drunk driver and I was ejected on impact. I skid 20 feet and both my ear drums exploded, I was and am completely deaf and will stay that way the rest of my life. But I'm ready to forgive, he probably is still guilty because of it and I want him to know its alright.
DeafAngel DeafAngel 13-15, F 7 Answers Feb 3, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

if you want to, thats up to you, i would have a hard time doing something like that

Best Answer

First, I hope he paid dearly for it in a civil lawsuit...

Secondly, my therapist and I have gotten into something similar. The only reason you should do this is if this is actually something that creates an emotional burden for you. My therapist describes lack of confrontation with a person who has cause you pain as creating an emotional filter within the person who carries that baggage with them and it may limit the level of trust you have for others and shape the relationships you chose. In order to live free from that filter, you need to be totally over the issue -and sometimes that take confrontation.

I know you view this as something you should do for him, but you really don't owe him anything. Look inside yourself and ask yourself if this is really something you need to do for you. You might forgive him, but is there anything that still lives inside of you in reaction to the situation?

Best Answer

For the first question. All he got was a 200 dollar fine. And I think I need to confront him, to make sure I fully can face my problems and that if I can face this, I can face anything.

Best Answer

Yes, that is a criminal lawsuit which is different. You have to bring a civil lawsuit for personal injury to get anything substantial. If it has not been six years yet, you may be able to still sue if he lives in or the injury occurred in Maine or North Dakota. Tell your parents you want to talk to a personal injury lawyer if that is the case...

Best Answer

If it means something to you and you think a lot about it, maybe you should do it.. That is a tough story by the way..

Best Answer

Forgiveness is for the forgiver first and foremost but if you feel you must let him know then sure .

Ask your parents first and if they don't agree then wait untl you're 18 to seek him out .

What a mature young thing you are .

Best Answer

Thank you. :)

Best Answer