kaylamerie14 kaylamerie14 16-17, F 13 Answers Nov 27, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I think you should write your father a series of unsent letters. Your feelings and thoughts about him may change many times over a short couple of years as you mature fully, and as you begin to address many aspects of the type of relationship you have with him (albeit a fairly non-existant one). It may be important not to be pre-emptive.

Best Answer

Writing a letter is always therapeutic.<br />
You don´t have to send it though.<br />
If you do , you´d expect an answer and crappy fathers like yours are likely to disappoint.

Best Answer

Try do die not regretting.

Best Answer

What do you mean?

Best Answer

sorry, I meant: try to, don't die regretting.

Best Answer

I wrote my Mum a letter after she died so don't see a problem sending one to your Dad after so many years. I did it more as an exercise in clearing my mind of unsaid thoughts and feelings.<br />
Write it and get someone to read it that you trust to tell you truth, see what they think but remember nothing is ever as black and white as you imagine and maybe some things are not quite as they seem, expect no answer or to indeed get answers you don't really want to read.

Best Answer

Yes. Do it. No regrets, do it and see what happens.

Best Answer

if you do, you will have to be able to accept whatever reply you get, including silence, which would hurt

Best Answer

Yes if you have stuff you want to say...of course, express it, let it out and you dont have to send it if you dont want to...the important thing is YOU get to say what you need to say

Best Answer

Its likely worth some effort to get his side of the story.

Best Answer

Yes you can tell him how u felt about him not being there. You can also think if u want a relationship with him now.

Best Answer

My girlfriend did that. She has a tacit relationship with him. It will really depend on how much you trust your mother and what lies and truth she told you about him.

Best Answer

There are so many sides of storys about my father and why he isnt here in my life i dont know who to beleive because everyone hates him but i love him. but like i said i dont know who or what to belive

Best Answer

Probably best to get your father's side of the story. I know my daughter has been fed a lot of lies about me.

Best Answer

Do you get to see your daughter? Sorry to ask.

Best Answer

No worries. I see her about every two weeks. She won't talk about anything deep or important.

Best Answer

How old is she?

Best Answer

13

Best Answer

im 16

Best Answer

It's a good time for you to get your father's version of what happened.

Best Answer

so many stories and side thos

Best Answer

Understand you will never know the truth. There will always be a trust gap with both your parents as well. At least you will have more insight to what happened with your parents and hopefully that will arm you to avoid making the same mistake.

Best Answer

i'm going to post a letter i have written to him lastnight as a story on here do you think you could give feed back on what i should and shouldnt put?

Best Answer

I can't tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I can and will tell you my opinion of the letter and what I think are the possible ramifications of it based on being a father myself.

Best Answer

okay im almost done

Best Answer

Yes, actually. People do that sort of thing.

Best Answer