My parents *were* supportive (but not pushy), and I don't think I would have achieved as much as I have if they hadn't been. So yes, parental support is really important (especially if your child really wants to do something, and even if you don't really approve).

Best Answer

My parent (single mom) was way too busy to be supportive. In fact, she was so busy that I pretty much made my own rules and kept my own hours. Maybe it was because of my grandparents, or maybe it was because of my sisters, but I had a good sense of morality and stayed on a fairly trouble free track. But I believe that my early independence and need to take care of myself coupled with an early decision making process where I was accountable to myself set me up nicely. I'm very happy with what I have made of myself.

Best Answer

Yes. It may come down to the individual but I would definitely be better off with their support. For years my parents put down my dreams and got me thinking I could never do the things I wanted and that they were bad ideas anyway(because it wasn't what THEY wanted. That set me back a lot.

Best Answer

if my parents were supportive when i was younger i might not be the emotional mess i am now, so i could accomplish more. so yeah.

Best Answer

NO, is up to the individual to do better. There are some people that have no one to help them yet they have a couple of jobs and manage to get a Master degree.

Best Answer

Yeah I think so. But sometimes it also help that they are not, if you got the right character trait for it though. Some people just feed from bad response or comments, it makes them stronger. But of course if it's all the time that can be depressing but some people are just stronger than others.

Best Answer

Definitely. My Mom was too kind-hearted to put a boot in my young ***, which is precisely what I needed at the time. A young person often needs help making life's decisions..I can look back and see several times that I made wrong decisions that a strong parent could have helped. Thank God for the Marines..they finally straightened me out.

Best Answer

yes definitely. they were supportive of me, but they never pushed me to do anything. if i didnt want to do something they basically let me not do it. i mean i did a pretty good job giving myself my own rules tho but i think i wouldnt be a teen mom if they were more of "parents". i dont regret having my daughter but i bet if they made me be more involved in extra curricular activities, i wouldnt have had much time to have sex lol

Best Answer

Yes I do,many children look to their parents for support when it comes to their future.

Best Answer

withut a doute, i would have been a pro golfer

Best Answer

I wish my parents were. Every time I came up with something, my mother would go, ooooo idk about that.... Every time. Where am I now? Jobless with no motivation or aspirations. YAY

Best Answer

Yes. I got a job as apprentice chef and when I got home and told my Father he told me that the salary wasn't good enough. He wanted more from my wages than I would have had salary, so I couldn't take the job or any other apprentice job, for that matter. I ended up labouring in my early days of works and until I could break free from home and not have three-quarters of my salary taken from me by my Father. Yes ... I could have, it I had support ... but that was never going to happen.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

No. Whatever I become is always going to be because of me, and not because of them.

Best Answer

Maybe to some degree, but there also comes a time when we have to take responsability for our own actions, you can't blame everything on you parents that is just a cop out.

Best Answer

Probably.

Best Answer