I was hired to do Accounting but I have schooling the experience in computer repair and IT work. I love doing that and from the time I started when my company found out they have been also having me do their IT work in the office. I have to do this kind of work for $15.00 dollars an hour when outside IT work charges $85.00 an hour. They have also been very fair to me giving good raises since I started and this year has been bad with missing a lot of work (but making time up with after hours and weekend's) due to my Mom's stroke and family issues with that. I also know that men that are hired their three or four years after me with not the skill set I have are making at least $3.00 dollars more than I. Althought this years I know I have saved them more $3,000 00 or more doing all IT by myself yet when I got year end bonus. It was 1/3 of what I usually get. Is this taking advance of me and if so how do I say no to anymore IT work (without looking like a un-thankful jerk) and let them pay $85.00 per hour for outside source?
orineshe orineshe 41-45 5 Answers Jan 1, 2013 in Community

If you are a good worker then just talk to them about it.

Best Answer

Time to renegotiate your wage.

Best Answer

the only power a working person has is to quit their job so hell yeah they make use of all their employees

Best Answer

It sounds possible. Do you have certifications?

Best Answer