Lol my family always gives me crap about it when its really hot outside, but my SAD demands that I wear it so I do.
KnightOfJustice KnightOfJustice 18-21, M 13 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Health

A cutter are you? Despite all your posts I still suspect you are, indeed, a cutter. Nothing else is logical.

Best Answer

No, I have social anxiety and wearing a sweatshirt in public makes most of the anxiety go away when I'm around people.

Best Answer

thats your security

Best Answer

Its common for teens...

Best Answer

It sure isn't weird to me! I like wearing my sweat shirts more than any other clothing and I wear them even if it is 90 degrees. If anyone says its too hot or say I am crazy I tell them to screw and mind their own G. D. business. If they persist, punch their eyes and nose.

No, not really. HaHa! I tell them the heavy shirt keeps the direct sun off my skin and I feel cooler. Also, you won't get skin cancer if you keep covered. So, enjoy wearing your sweats whenever and wherever you like.

Best Answer

Fun Fact I used to wear a big grey hoodie all the time because I was insecure even though I knew it was nonsense I still got this nagging urge that everyone was judging me.

Nowadays i have more confidence and I can wear whatever i like.

You'll get over it soon im sure.

Best Answer

Doubtful, my situation is much different lol.

Best Answer

How so ? im intrigued

Best Answer

You were just insecure, I have a social phobia which is for some reason helped by a sweatshirt.

Best Answer

What is a SAD? I used to wear a jacket all day if I started wearing it in the morning when I went to school so I wouldn't lose it. It got hot later in the day and was so uncomfortable to wear. I learned to not wear jackets later on and got used to the cold! :D

Best Answer

Social anxiety disorder (social phobia) if I didn't wear a sweatshirt while in public I would be having panic attacks like there was no tomorrow, and my paranoia would strike so hard, which makes it worse :3

Best Answer

Ohhh... Social Anxiety Disorder... ...that makes sense. You should try and wear a thin long sleeve shirt or a jacket that stays the same temperature as the weather! :D Otherwise, try cutting a piece of that jacket and put part of the fabric in your pocket then don't wear the jacket. Pretty soon you won't need the jackets fabric anymore or you'll forget about it. ...and no more anxiety! 0_o

Best Answer

Paranoia? Like if you don't have your jacket on you'll think a clan of ninjas is going to attack you because you'd be vulnerable?

Best Answer

It has to be something very baggy, I even have a sweatshirt that is rather fitting but not baggy so I end up feeling like it's suffocating me. And I can't wear long sleeved shirts, they bother my arms, I usually have my sweatshirts sleeves rolled up, lol.

Best Answer

Somewhere on the lines of that.

Best Answer

There's a root to your anxiety. You have to dig deep to find the cause in order to come to a solution. At one time I wore a jacket for a few months and I couldn't take it off even when I was asleep. I only took it off for the moments when I changed. I realized that I was doing this because I wanted to feel secure and not vulnerable to the world after one of my best friends died in a motorcycle accident. Once I realized where the anxiety came from, every time I had the urge to wear the jacket I thought of a good memory that I had with my friend and I didn't need that jacket anymore because it felt alright again. Maybe there's a reason for why you have to wear these jackets that you're not thinking about? Or maybe you're really just a ninja that has to wear jackets as a cloak! lolll.

Best Answer

There's another reason but it's a tad personal, and I'm not able to get rid of it, sadly. It's actually the root to all of my anxiety, but the sweatshirt is like armor, protecting me and hiding it.

Best Answer

No one cares about a scar or mark that you might have except for you. There might be people at school that'll try and make fun of you but those are the kids that'll grow up to be drug addicts, living in prison systems, and either homeless or living on the streets (that's what happened to all the bullies in my graduating class). The difference between High School and what happens after is that the bullies end up lost and damaged in the real world. While people like you get an education, have a drive in life, and eventually stop caring about these small insecurities from flaws that the rest of the world doesn't even notice. In the real world people notice your heart, mind and your intellect. A lot of people wear different kinds of armor to protect themselves from something. However, most of the time the only person they're protecting themselves from is in their own mind.

Best Answer

Actually, no, it's not. SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder. A form of depression where you seem to be affected by the weather. Summer or winter, it varies. If the young lady calls her anxiety issue SAD she has the name or diagnosis wrong. Usually people, teenagers and mainly female, try to to hide wounds and scarring caused by "cutting". A bad side effect of depression..

Best Answer

if it gets hot enough I'm sure you will put something cooler on

I remember a teacher telling another girl and I we shouldn't have had school jumpers on once on a hot day, we kept them on though, maybe it can just be a teenage thing

Best Answer

One day it was so hot at school that I started to sweat a lot so I went to the bathroom to take off my sweatshirt for a few minutes to cool off, then I put it back on before leaving the bathroom. So no, I usually don't.

Best Answer

in my day we had wool jumpers/sweaters and I guess they may have insulated us lol

Best Answer

You have the wrong name for what you claim. SAD is Seasonal Disaffective Disorder. A form of depressiom. Many young ladies cut when depressed. I say that is why you wear what you do. To hide the damage.

Best Answer

No. I used to wear hoodies all the time, even when it was 40 degrees Celsius.

Best Answer

no X) i dont waear a jacket when its cold out plus i dont wear long sleeves either and yet..im never cold X)

Best Answer

no, in my "goth" days i would wear worse things in very hot weather. Just my opinion

Best Answer