for example facebook asked me do i know someone name roneika jones. wtf!
starship33 starship33 36-40, F 19 Answers Nov 20, 2012 in Health

Next to the sagging pants style being worn by young men the trend of giving your child a label saying their parents most likely never graduated high school much less attended any type of extended educational facility other than whats offered in a state run juvenile facility in my opinion is the most **** eyed thing a parent can do .

Best Answer

u mean something like laquaneshka?

Best Answer

I think it is irresponsible for parents to give ghetto names. I used to work for a cell phone company and we were opening a new store, so we needed more employees. He handed me a bunch of applications and told me to trash all applicants whose name was worse that Tameka (including the name Tameka.) I asked him why, and he said that people with ghetto names are rude, have no work ethic, will always be late, will always call in sick, and have no business working in the customer service field. He then told me that he was given that advice from the cell phone service provider. I'm pretty sure that he is not the only employee who thinks that way!!

Best Answer

I think it's horrible. When you name your child you choose their future. The stranger the name, or the more ghetto the name in this case, the less of a chance they have of success.

Best Answer

LMAO.....oops, sorry!

Best Answer

Life is hard enough. Sticking a kid with a "ghetto" name isn't helping them at all. A name like that on a job application will immediately be disqualified.

Best Answer

I think people should stop trying to think up "unique" names for their kids, it's getting ridiculous. And stop following the trendy names too- I'm sick of seeing "Oliver" and "Ava" everywhere.

Best Answer

Is 'Hazel' the new trend? D:

Best Answer

lol na, if you you grew up in the city and you are ghetto, there's nothing wrong with it. I grew up in Baltimore city so i know all about ghetto. As long as your ok with representing where you come from its ok to give your child a "ghetto" name

Best Answer

What's a getto name?

Best Answer

"Ghetto Names=" RAQUENESHA,OCTAVIA,JOHNESIKA,ROMEKA,JEMEKA LOL but I mean people shouldnt judge you off of your name.. your personality should define who you are.

Best Answer

First of all, I wasn't saying it was ghetto.. I was saying thats what people think is a ghetto name..so mind your business

Best Answer

Some people might take offense to your using of "ghetto name." I knew what you meant, but that is normal in their culture. So no, I don't see a problem with it. Plus, it gives their teacher a nice heads up.

Best Answer

No its not a cultural thing , please don't paint us all with the same brush . and the heads up to the teacher means that child's parent(s) will never attend a PTA meeting

Best Answer

define "ghetto name"

Best Answer

no!

Best Answer

EdieZ I think it's like if you named your kid "Yo Mama".

Best Answer