orange grove, in addition to producing the sweetest oranges, is growing orchids on their trunks? Personally, I am thrilled!
FlowersNButterflies FlowersNButterflies 51-55, F 10 Answers Mar 8 in Hobbies

Love the idea of doing that.

Best Answer

Planted themselves, they did, amongst the lichen, the moss and the other things that grow on trees here near the rain forest! Lived in this house 4-1/2 months before I found this, while following one of my cats around.

Best Answer

Oh, I thought someone had planted them there. That's really interesting, and very picturesque in your description!!!

Best Answer

It is... natural beauty! You can take a cutting off a plant, not even treat it, plant it and Panama takes over. I will be planting bamboo, 6" cuttings, horizontal with the fence line and it will be a fence that the roots are not supposed to grow into the neighbors' land. There is something so relaxing about bamboo. It takes a year to root, but then grows 3' a day!

Best Answer

I hope it's the non-invasive bamboo...the other kind can be a nightmare especially in wet climates.

Best Answer

I understand. The person who is giving me my cuttings doesn't have any problems at all, and the issue did come up. I would like to build a bamboo cabana with harvested bamboo from the yard. Tell me your experience with bamboo please?

Best Answer

I have never planted it although I wanted to. I've known some who planted it and it took over their entire front yard (looked cool though), and another person who planted something that she called bamboo that looked like water rushes to me, they were growing up under the concrete and got out of her flower garden into the edge of her yard. I've heard about a non-invasive bamboo but still am hesitant about planting it.

Best Answer

Yikes! She planted three sets of it and it stays where she put it, so I think it will be ok. I am impatient about waiting a year, I can't even plant it until rainy season starts.

Best Answer

Sounds beautiful!

Best Answer

I want to see. Please?

Best Answer

They bloom in April, and you can count on EP photos post! I can't wait to see what type of orchids I have!

Best Answer

It's a good thing.

Best Answer

A very good thing!

Best Answer

Really?...wow, this sounds lovely. The smell of orange groves is very nice :-)

Best Answer

It is... new batch starting, the orange blossoms are starting to appear

Best Answer

Very very cool.

Best Answer

It is, thanks!

Best Answer