OlivePhire OlivePhire 36-40, F 12 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

People handle this issue differently. For some no problem, for others like myself it is difficult for reasons unknown.

Best Answer

I understand the reasons..........especially if its a long term marriage/relationship.

Best Answer

Uh.... you two know each other, right?

Best Answer

It depends on how things ended. I have never been close friends with anyone I was in a relationship with, cordial but not friends. I have tried but it didn't work for me, to much pain involved.

Best Answer

As long as you've healed up from your hurt, sure. It's perfectly healthy to have someone who was a big part of your life as just a friend. Erasing them from you completely would be silly- unless they were a jerk. Then it'd be foolish to remain friends with them.

Best Answer

Nah...nope...nada....It aint cool to be friends with an ex who cheated on u..i mean its just not possible, too much hurt n hate. Its wil be pretense, past is past.

Best Answer

of course as long as your dealing with mature people

Best Answer

Not in my case/situation! It would be totally impossible for me.

Best Answer

For why?

Best Answer

I could never remain friends with someone I found to be somewhere close to........demoniac.

Best Answer

Wow, that sounds pretty serious!
What if the ex is not so?

Best Answer

Even if he changed I wouldn't because he is now with someone I consider his equal. (so I know he has not changed) They can play the game all they want just as long as they stay clear of me.

Best Answer

I do with my ex, solely for the sake of our 3 kids....

Best Answer

If the friendship after the intimate relationship does not involve kids, what do you think?

Best Answer

It'd be "sayanora babe!" Pfft!

Best Answer

Best Answer

Never been friend to my ex's lol

Best Answer

lol, I guess they were that bad?

Best Answer

well i dont make friends to my ex's whats in the past, is in the past..

Best Answer

Ah, ok, I understand.... I think :)

Best Answer

thank u :)

Best Answer

Agreed!!

Best Answer

I agree!

Best Answer

I think it is totally okay. If you were friends before and then you end your relationship, I see no problems with remaining friends. If you both still get along and are still friends then there is nothing wrong with it. I mean there is no reason to end a great friendship just because you are not in a relationship anymore.

Best Answer

Nope, bad bad idea. it will give plenty of headaches in new relationships

Best Answer

Maybe. But what if it doesn't?

Best Answer

nah, if it didnt work out as a couple being "just friends" wouldnt work with having previous ...feelings.

Best Answer

So long as it's a healthy friendship, why not?

Best Answer