I'm leaving for boot soon and I'm thinking instead of rushing to take a shower in 2 minutes with a bunch of other dudes, I can just skip it. Maybe deal with it every once and while =P
Seabass20 Seabass20 18-21, M 11 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Health

DO NOT BE THAT GUY!!!<br />
I am a petty officer in the US Navy, and I have a few sailors that are bad about showering...don't do it. Shower, it's a luxury, and an important part of your hygeine. TAKE A SHOWER!

Best Answer

Sick! Skipping showers in Boot Camp? Just give up now if that's your biggest obstacle. It's not a big deal. Get over it!!

Best Answer

Hygiene is very important. You're being taught military time. Take Your Shower! Avoid fungal infections.

Best Answer

its rough as it is , why not just punch someone with stripes they'll respect that

Best Answer

Yes, it is a big deal, but when I went through boot camp you could get away with using baby wipes if a shower wasn't available. Of course it doesn't replace a shower by any means, so I would highly recommend taking one whenever you can.

Best Answer

Do you think it's a big deal to fart in an elevator full of people?

Best Answer

yeah i do who the hell wants to smell your *** stink

Best Answer

yeah I don't really know why but they sort of have a thing for clean and orderliness in any militarized environment.... dunno what's up with that

Best Answer

Times may have changed from when my sister's fiance went, but you don't have a choice of bathing. You can get reprimanded for looking dirty, unkempt, and smelling funky. Also you have to be cleanly shaved, I believe. Lastly, you're going to want to take a shower, believe me.

Best Answer

IF they let you........ it just takes one person to complain about your smell and you are in trouble --trust me it happened to my oldest son once.

Best Answer