No think it is the responsibility of whoever makes the invite. I dont invite someone to mine for dinner and then get them to cook it themselves and I see going out the same way.

Best Answer

I agree. Even when I invite a gal friend out to dinner or lunch, I pay. If you do the inviting, I think it's your obligation.

Best Answer

yep

Best Answer

I would always insist on paying. Simple chivalry. The lowest I would go down to is splitting the bill, but only if she had the more expensive item. Call me sexist, old fashioned, and patronising, but I would like to think that simple gentlemanly morals still have some use in modern society. If I take a girl out I am giving them a treat, because I do believe in older sensible morals.

Best Answer

that is very refreshing for a young man to have such gentleman morals . mishy40

Best Answer

Yes, if he invites me on a date. If it is a friend of either sex, we split the tab.

Best Answer

No but it's certainly nice if he pays for the first couple of dates. It shows that he's a gentleman.

Best Answer

It used to be that way, but some women now feel it should be a shared ritual. With women working as much as me do now, it seems like a nice gesture to me if they take turns. Some women are making more than men do.

Best Answer

I'm old school. I'd have to say yes.

Best Answer

Nope

Best Answer