my little cousin anna 18 just got engaged. my family is from south america. my older cousin linda, whom is 32 made this same move at her age. now she is 32 with 4 daughters and a husband who treats her like trash not to mention she looks much older than 32. linda is encouraging anna to do it. i know linda is not happy with her life so i don't understand why she is encouraging anna to make the same mistake that she made.
veronica4ever veronica4ever 26-30, F 26 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

what madness is this?

Best Answer

I love you. Lol.

Best Answer

lol i was about to say isn't that madamelle's line hehahaha

Best Answer

lol she stole my line! we trade <3

Best Answer

T'was a silent understanding. =)

Best Answer

<3

Best Answer

lol that's ep love

Best Answer

No good can come of this.

Best Answer

<3

Best Answer

hahaha i see. it's nice to share and trade;) xoxo

Best Answer

No, at 18 you are still a work in progress. Could be that Linda is in denial about her own situation and encouraging this marriage is a way of validating her own lifechoice.

Best Answer

hmmm never thought about it like tha but you are absolutely right. she is looking for some kind of validation, because linda's life is a complete mess. i feel she is being very selfish and it angers me. don't get me wrong i love linda but this action of hers got me so mad.

Best Answer

Never...she's still in her "formative years",you know, like identity crisis, and stuff like that!...No Wayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

nope not at all :)

Best Answer

Don't be silly, It's too early for 18!

Best Answer

As someone who married young, I don't recommend it to any 18 year old. This 18 year old needs to explore life before settling down or the 18 year old will be a divorced 22 year old.

Best Answer

Love isn't smart.

Best Answer

Wow, way too young!

Best Answer

I think one should seriously think about it, weighing all conceivable consequences of doing so.

Best Answer

Way too young. Will regret it sooner then later.

Best Answer

Nope, you got too much life to live and learn. I almost did, so I know now from experience it was the right choice not to

Best Answer

In some cultures its the norm. But in reality i cant see it really working out.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

NO. At least 30 or I suppose 29 is close enough. Science is showing that the human brain isn't completely developed until around age 30 which explains why so many people in their teens and 20's make so many mistakes (nothing to do with intelligence, you just aren't finished yet)...a mistake would be to get married at 18. Live your life and have a lot of fun before you settle down with the love of your life and have even more fun with him or her in your 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's (remember, marriage is for life...who wants to be divorced before they are even 30?) You could meet this person at 18 years. You may have even known them since you were 18 months. You may date them for many years, one of the happiest couples I know dated for 11 years then got married at 32 at age 49 they are happier than ever. If they are really the one, then the marriage can wait. You can have true love (and sex) without the marriage part. Don't you want your wedding and marriage to be truly special and the most blissful, healthy, and fun they can be? There are reasons people who are under 30 have by far the highest divorce rate and for those who stay married they have the highest rates of being abused by their spouse verbally, emotionally, psychologically, physically...and all the stress of having to be in am marriage and possible have kids at such a young age, no wonder Linda looks much older than 32...she is probably encouraging Ana because she regrets making that decision and wants to kind of live through Ana and see it work out well for Ana (which it could, sometimes it does for some people...but in general, NO). Anyway who has the money for themselves and if to have kids, then kids, at age 18? I am also thinking that since Linda is encouraging Ana, maybe Ana loves some boy, but, how can you really know what love is at 18? A very few people do. More people think they are in love than actually are in love. Then again I am a hypocrite because when I was 19 I met the love of my life and we wanted to be married but then decided to travel and go to different universities, and now we have not seen each other in so long and I know we will marry, but we missed so many years together...and the baby we have wanted for so long...some things are more important than career and money...so much to consider lol I hope this helps I know it is a lot I have to say.

Best Answer

No. You have your whole life ahead of you. Go out and live it. Once you're married, it is all over. Really, you should get all the running around and partying out of your system before you get married. Otherwise, you will regret it later for denying yourself the experience.

Best Answer

I don't think it's a smart decision for anyone to get married.

Best Answer

Best Answer