I believe in spanking, not beating. Not untill age 3 and not after age 8. Never with your hand, i would use a belt. Theirs a reason back in the day kids respected their teachers and didnt act like monkeys n a zoo, cause if u did, you got sent to the principal and your *** was tanned. People that dont believe in spanking to some degree apparently never spoke to their elders that knew what respect for their parents,and their elders where. theirs a reason why kids cant take bullying these days, and why kids go shoot up places, and why god forbid we get into a war with this generation, because if they go into the military and their DS screams at them their gonna crumble like little babies. People are raising their ids to be freaking marshmallow kids and its disgusting. shut them up with a candy bar or a new video game. your not using fear, because they dont fear you, they fear their stupidity and think about what they do first because they know if they dont they get a red ***. and i dont care what anyone thinks thats the way i feel. again, spanking yea, beating no.

Best Answer

I just cant see a kid not loving their mommy or daddy because they got their butt smacked.

Best Answer

Yes, and we should also hit adults when they do something wrong.

Best Answer

I have had my share of spankings and switches from my grandmother. sometimes, I see nothing wrong with a spanking when it's done properly, I have seen kids tell their mother what was what and embarrass <br />
her in public and act like they are morons. Personally, that's the problem, good parents are afraid to discipline but it doesn't stop the abusers. so why should decent parents let their kids walk all over them.......As long as this is done properly, I am all for it.......

Best Answer

i believe in a smack for unacceptable behaviour...i smacked my daughter when she wouldn't listen after a number of warnings...she's a well adjusted, respectable, kind teenager.<br />
Let me make this perfectly clear...i'm not talking about beatings.

Best Answer

no, because parents are teaching him/her to be like that when he/she grow up

Best Answer

Teaching them through fear will often not result in reverence, but more rebellion and distaste.<br />
If instead you use examples and lessons, and help explain to them why they shouldn't do something, they can often be reasoned with. If all else fails, positive reinforcement has proven to be stronger than punishment!<br />
For example- I had a student in one of my classes a few semesters back, who said that she would sing songs while doing the dishes. That was the incentive to do it- it was made fun!

Best Answer

I think there are usually better ways to discipline children but I think calling every child that's been spanked abused is not in line with reality.

Best Answer

I smacked my boys with a belt.......didnt damage them... spanking is good beating is bad there is a difference...........Love Lucy

Best Answer

Is it okey to hit an adult if he's done wrong ? Same goes for a child. It is not acceptable.

Best Answer

If hitting a child actually seems to have results, they are usually of the mindset of a kid who wants to be good anyway and messed up; or an easily scared kid, in which case it's abuse.

Best Answer

You shouldn't have to so no. It's wrong.

Best Answer

Nope & I have never had to hit them .

Best Answer

And teaching the child voilence is right?

Best Answer