I view it as enterprising. There are a few things to consider. If the cans are already in a recycling bin you can get into trouble for theft. <br />
Years ago, I had an apartment that was near the dumpster. There was a guy who would come around at two in the morning, climb into the dumpster, throw the cans into the parking lot, kick them into a pile, drive back and fourth over them, and them scoop the crushed cans into the back of his pickup. Not appreciated.

Best Answer

Wow that's good to know! and i wouldn't do that! But thank for the heads up!

Best Answer

I would, but if its necessary for survival then do it.

Best Answer

Thanks you!

Best Answer

Where i live (california) that's a federal crime. I didn't know this until last year. A lady my mom knows actually got in a lot of trouble when a cop found her doing that. She wasn't homeless or extremely poor either, she liked recycling and would send the money to her son in college. She said she'd get a couple hundred or something like that every month or so.

Best Answer

Yeah a lot of people do it and most of the time don't get caught, you just gotta watch out for the a$$hole cops that got nothing to do.

Best Answer

I mean i don't want to consider myself homless living off food stamps.

Best Answer

I live here in San Diego also, i think that's pretty dumb it's like why do you have to be homless in order to pick up cans and recycle? especially your own cans you bought?

Well i am basically homless living on my bf mothers floor and had an interview yesterday my clothers are in bags and in a rolling backpack. I don't like to dress sloppy even though i am not living anywhere i just want to work for the monry or do something to get just a little bit of money.

Wow the government is seriously gone nuts, they give the homless people scraps though. making them work for bottlest on the street.

But i guess that is taking away from others who really don't got anything the government should be supplying more instead of feed the president and his family or the queens and kings all this royal expensive food and start feeding the countries. Think of how many homes we could build out of the white house or even the queens castle i mean so many people could be saved and fed! greedy america!!!

Best Answer

Oh awesome, you're not far from where i live lol well, a little far but not too far xD i never find people mear me.. anyway, yeah i agree with u. They're very greedy. I hope you get a job soon, it must suck sleeping on the floor all the time :/ i used to live in my car for a while. Showered in my friend's apt. She didn't mind cause she didn't have to pay for water. I never looked sloppy either, no one ever knew i was homeless.

Best Answer

Yeah i know! lol me neither everyone i meet is from somewhere different or in another part of san diego.
Thye are and it sucks! america sucks! i wish i could change things, i would like to message you if it's ok? (:

Best Answer

Yeah go ahead (:

Best Answer

Awesome! (:

Best Answer