my dad became the replacement teacher for my college class, because the real teacher had to get surgery done on his knee and wouldnt be back in time before the semester ended. My dad and I dont get along well, especially when it deals with education. Because a part of my brain dosent work very well, so its hard for me to do well in school, even though I manage to get B's and a few A's in my classes if I know what I'm doing, yet all he cares about is making himself look good through me and my other siblings. So he wants us to get all A+'s, and be the smartest ones in our school. The class I'm talking about right now is a computer class and right now I have an A+ in it beacuse its an easy class. Well I just got a call from my dad that one of my papers, I got a low grade on and that he wonts me to do it over again. The paper isnt worth much because it came from the book, but he wants me to do it over again. So do you think thats fair, even though I know I'll pass the class?
Elijahx Elijahx 18-21, M 6 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Education

I think it is a conflict of interest no matter how he is. Either he is going to be lenient with you because you are his son or he is going to make it especially hard on you because he needs to prove that he isn't favoring you. Either way that is bad for you.

Best Answer

story of my life! -__-

Best Answer

My mother was a teacher for 43 years, and she made a point of always knowing my teachers personally. They often were harder on me out of professional courtesy to her. So as another poster observed, sounds your father being teacher might make things tougher for YOU, not the other kids.

Best Answer

It sounds like your question should read: Do you think its fair to me instead of "to the other students in my class, if my dad is the teacher?"

Best Answer

like I said its hard for me to think and put things together, but thanks.

Best Answer

i think it's nothing to do with fairness because it's not like he is giving you answers, teachers tend to be very hard on their kids, my friend's mother is a teacher and i felt sorry for him because the woman didn't accept Bs

Best Answer

hey, tell your dad you want to play it fair and that in school you dont want any extra special treatment or whatever. i have known two girls whose mothers taught their class. totally fair manner. you study on your own and make him proud. no taking advantage. your friends/ classmates will ignore/ avoid you otherwise.

Best Answer