The only way to get a return at the end of the year is to actually have worked which means that you paid taxes, which I do. Do people get them back at the end of the year? Sure some of us do since I am considered working poor and I do not get all of my taxes back just the federal ones. But, I pay my bills, I do not get handouts from the government as I do not qualify at my big $9/hr job that I raise a child on, I do not live in subsidized housing, and guess what? I do not have insurance except dental as it is not offered to me because I am part time at work and a full time student. I deserve that money back since I contribute to society so I guess it is how you look at it.

Best Answer

Uh. no. Under the current negative tax scam, people who don't work get a "refund" even though they did not work and paid no tax. That's not fair to them or the working men who do pay tax.

Best Answer

I got a refund and I worked for my money. Guess what I did though, I tore it up. I don't need $241, let the government keep it, I've got bigger fish to fry.

Best Answer

Actually people who dont work still get refunds.

Best Answer

Everyone should pay a proportional share. A person only making $100 should pay only $10. The current no-tax scam is not fair.

Best Answer

You really don't understand how taxes work do you?

Best Answer

Yes I do.

Best Answer

No you don't because they do pay taxes, they just don't qualify for the income tax because they're below the poverty line. They still pay payroll taxes, ss taxes, state sales taxes, etc. My state doesn't have an income tax either, so no, you don't understand the tax code.

Best Answer

the ones who do work get what they paid out and more. I call that not paying taxes. What do you call poverty wages? Because when I was 16 I made $6.50 an hour and still never got returns. Must be cause im a single white man with no kids. Whats up with that?

Best Answer

There's no possible way you could file a 1040 tax return and not get a return unless: Your employer didn't withhold enough taxes during the year and the IRS had to compensate when it got your w-4, you may owe federal, state back taxes, or outstanding student loans, if you were or are unemployed the compensation is taxable. If you run a business you may not get a refund because you did not have enough deductions, there are also payroll taxes, municipality taxes, and specialty taxes. If you are self employed it may be because you did not pay taxes on your income in the quarterly manner the fed and state gov likes. based on your being 16 It's more than likely your employer was trying to cheat the tax code and you. It's common with shady businesses, under the table jobs, and illegal work. I made 6.25 for my first job at 16 and I've always gotten a refund when I've worked. Did you report the issue to your labor board when it happened?

Best Answer

I worked for pizza **** and I claimed 0.

Best Answer

It's the only thing that would make sense. Also if it was government's fault it would be Clinton's or Bush 1.0's fault, not obama's depending on how old you are.

Best Answer

People try to make it sound simple, that 47% of the country are freeloaders. This is absoulutly wrong. It is such a complicated issue. In simple terms it's harder than Chinese Arithmetic. Such a blanket statement is wrong. Are all Democrats, Rabid Liberals? Are all Republicans, Bible Thumping Ultra Religious? Are all Black Folks on Welfare? Are all Mobsters Italian? Are all Latino's Illegal immigrants? Are all people whom pay Zero Federal Income Tax, Lazy Dregs of Society? The answers are a resounding, NO!!!!!!!

Best Answer

The 47% paying no taxes is a Republican lie. Here are the facts about taxes.<br />
1979 to 2007 after tax income increased for the top 1% 275%, Bottom 25% 18%<br />
The bottom 20% paid 8.8% of income in Federal payroll tax in 2007; top 1% paid 1.6%. When you add all taxes, state, local and federal the bottom 20% pays 12.3% of their income, top 1% 7.9%. <br />
A good example of what the wealthy pay as a percent of income would be your Presidential candidate. Mr. Romney made 21.7 million in 2010 and paid 13.9% of that in taxes. The average American middle class family pays 15% and the average millionaire pays 24.1%. <br />
I have to ask how much it cost Mr. Romney for the all the attorneys and accountants for him to pay less than the average American as a percent of their income? Apparently he would rather give it to them than to his country. Not very patriotic in my view.<br />
I guess Republicans don’t consider payroll tax a tax. The real figure is 17% pay no income or payroll taxes. The majority of the 17% are elderly, disabled or students. According to the CBO the bottom 20% pays an average of 4%. The next 20% which is 20,500 to 34,300 average 10.6% of their income. Which is 3.3% less then Mr. Romney paid. Hmmm, 34K vs. 21.7 mil. This seems fair to you?<br />
Unless Republicans think the payroll tax is not a tax then you are still mistaken. That is the lie they know that the figure is really nowhere near 47 or 49% pay no Federal Tax. But because they tell the lie so often it becomes the truth Carl Rove was the inventor of that gem. Because Rush and Fox repeat it not to mention your presidential candidate every Republican I know beliefs it. You are being manipulated! If you don't want to do the research yourself then I can't help you. My figures are correct and come from independent resources.<br />
If you want to be angry be angry with Mitt Romney who paid 13.8% of his of his 21.7 million when people making 20,500 to 34,300 average 10.6% of their income. Why aren’t you angry with Mitt? Explain why you think it is OK for Mitt to hide his money all over the place to avoid paying his fair share. How can you look anyone straight in the eye and tell them someone who paid 3 % more than they did with a maximum income of 34,300 compared to 21.7 million is somehow remotely fair. I’m sure you will come up with something creative, you always do. I just don’t know how you do it with a straight face.

Best Answer

"The 47% paying no taxes is a Republican lie"
Not a lie but it is in error. The US Census Bureau now says the number is up to 49%. Most of them get paid fictitious "refunds" stolen from those who still work.

Best Answer

Looks like you copy and pasted that off the MSNBC website. Denied!

Best Answer

This comes from an article I wrote for the local paper. Of coarse I dont have that kind of data available to me. So when I write an article I reasearch the subject. Contrary to your MSNBC remark none of this data came from them. I get my data from and my facts from more thn one source. It includes both conservative and liberal souces. To tell you the truth I have tried useing Fox news but after looking in to what they say I found it to be unreliable for accuiracy.I use both conservitive and liberial sources. I read and watch both. I'm not like you Conservitives I don't like being lied to. It has always appeared to me that Fox is more interested in shocking it audiance for entertainment They remind me of the pro wrestling of News. Censoring me is exactly what I'd expect for a Republican. Telling the truth is dangerous for Republicans.

Best Answer

Learning to spell is not dangerous. ;)

Best Answer

Walmart employees are the single largest recipients of food stamps and that's just the way the company and their shoppers like it. Cheap, cheap, and the customers never stop to think about the real price they're paying.

Best Answer

its not ok its the gayest most senseless tax systen on this planet......anything the u s corporate govt. touches turns to gold for them and $hit for the rest of the population

Best Answer

No I don't, but Obama probably does.

Best Answer