i tried to become totally cold and detached. it didn't work out.

Best Answer

It's called "bottling" and in time those emotions build up and start to cause illness, depression, emotional break downs because we are not meant to keep all that contained. It's best to learn how to healthily express yourself. It's possible to go either way but really its all about finding a healthy balance. Going to extremes either way is unhealthy and will affect the overall quality of your life, friendships and relationships.

Best Answer

Only when your soul has been totally destroyed

Best Answer

My soul has a long way to being destroyed then! ha..ha..

Best Answer

It's called depression

Best Answer

Interesting. You might be right!

Best Answer

tough one. Ive been an emotional thinker for forty-eight years. its a tough life this way. trying to learn the I over e principal inteligence over emotion going to take a great deal of practice. Excellent question

Best Answer

Yup. Takes training and practice though. Buddhism and especially Zen are good ways to deal with emotions.

Best Answer

I like your answer would like to learn about Buddism and Zen

Best Answer

Got to check it out then! Any suggested readings?

Best Answer

No. Unless you really really weally harden urswelf up!

Best Answer

Sure. If you're repressing emotions, then therapy can help find out why, or maybe just some soul searching, or chatting with a friend about it.<br />
If you need help containing emotions, I think that's the harder one. The thing is, what is healthy to contain, and how much of it? Although it feels good to feel and express, it's hard to know how much is enough.<br />
But as with the former option, therapy, talking to a friend, maybe some yoga to calm one down can help.

Best Answer

One hurts and the other is painfully lonely. No matter how painful emotional is, emotionless chases everything and everyone out of your life. You just need an accepting shoulder to cry on (we men will never understand...)

Best Answer

Yes, perhaps that's why I feel lonely. I'm trying to get my emotionally reserved hubby to understand when I hurt. But he just rationalizes it and tries to come up with a solution rather than trying to understand the emotion.

Best Answer

You must posess one of the few emotionless people in Brazil! But alas, we men are problem solvers first and emotional second :)

Best Answer

You think we're so simple.....and you're right!

Best Answer

Have you tried a few Caiparinhas? Cachasa is only about 2 reals a bottle, (at least it was last time I bought it)

Best Answer

Be glad you have them and can express them. Imagine your world without passion.

Best Answer

That's a very good point. And passionatte I am.

Best Answer

Send a little my way

Best Answer

Yes, I have become comfortably numb, after your made fun of, abused emotionally by the women you thought you loved and used up by people you thought were your friends u become cold and numb

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that. I'm not there yet!

Best Answer

Life goes on

Best Answer

You can block out the feelings and box up the emotions but what does that leave you with? Did it once. Was not worth the loses. I like who I am.

Best Answer

Yes. Live my life, and you will see that it is indeed entirely possible.

Best Answer

I used to cry when my Aunt would sing the Jeepers Creepers ad for eye wear. Can't remember the last time I shed a tear. Too much life maybe

Best Answer

Oh. It is called HORMONES!

Best Answer

i hear you there sister.

Best Answer

I think you can practice making the choices an unemotional person would make, but inside you'll still feel the twang

Best Answer