PsychoBarbieDoll PsychoBarbieDoll 22-25, F 32 Answers Jan 23, 2011

My parents have borrowed about 150 or more dollars of my own hard worked money (im 15 and i have a job) and have not once payed me back. And almost everytime they told me that theyed pay me back. And theyve told me what they need it for. For smokes. I think its okay if their going to pay you back or if its for a ligit reason aka-grocerys needed for bills ect. But i now tell my parents i have no cash on me. My dad has ligitimently told me that he went into my wallet when i wasnt home and borrowed 20$. So now i hide my wallet. And he told me e went to go into my room to look for some change or something and he saw it. This had to be impossible because i changed my spot for my wallet and started putting it behind my mirror. Out of sight unless your on my bed. I do not think under any circumstances this should be okay!!!

Best Answer

ideally no but sometimes it might be necessary.

Best Answer

"borrow" yes... take... no

Best Answer

No. I would rather live homeless in the gutter than take one cent away from my son or grandchild's future. The borrowing or giving should always go the other way.<br />
Unless, of course, they are filthy rich and want to buy us something.

Best Answer

Honestly NO<br />
You are the parent and I am the child. It is your responsibility to do as much within your power to ensure that I have a successful future and can one day support you when you become an elder. The better off I am, the better off you will be. It is a cycle. <br />
In my experience I have been promised many monetary things from my mother, she also has "borrowed" money from me and has never once paid me back. I have been more than grateful to help her in the past, even by giving her money for rent when I was unemployed myself. However I can no longer do this for her especially when we have other family to lean on that she decides not to ask for whatever reason.<br />
It's tough on kids when they have to support their parents growing up and as young adults. There are a million "what if's" about this but in my own opinion It's honestly not fare and should be avoided.

Best Answer

No! GOD no! It is not the responsibility of the offspring to take care of their parents in return when they're trying to take care of themselves. If they must borrow, they must pay back, regardless of the circumstances. I love my parents, but I'm on my own now, and so are they.

Best Answer

Well one Christmas I ask for money only so I could save up I got 800$ I was so happy I got that from all of my relatives as presents my parents gave me 300$ and some games that Christmas so they took 60$ here and 100$ here for stuff they kept saying they would pay me back, I was 11 I believed them then i started to realize what was happening my dad then ask for 300$ he promised me he would pay it back this time I believed him again he told me by September I would have it back well September came and nothing I waited until November and nothing I ask him about it he said he would and he was sorry he promised again. Then I was really sad I was only 11 but I knew they gave me a present and got my hopes up I was so happy, but then they took that present away and I never gave it back now I am 15 I collect semi precious gems like opal and garnet I bought a pistol safe an everything is in there I tell them nothing about my money an every now and then they have the nerve to ask for more money I just walk away so parents when you do this don't borrow I can't trut my parents any more either so ya don't do it

Best Answer

My answer is no. I'm 16 years old and my parents have "borrowed" over $1,000 of my Birthday, Christmas, and work money. Yeah.

Best Answer

Well, of course, it is! <br />
I've had friends who's parents needed the support and help from all their children to keep the family home during their last years. The children gathered together and saw this through. They did it out of love for the parents who had cared for and loved them through all their early years.<br />
These parents could not pay their children back but were able to live their lives out with dignity in the same home that they raised all their children.<br />
Did their children mind? No. They knew their parents would have given their last breath to them if they needed it.

Best Answer

No never, parents should be teaching the children to budget money from a young age and to save for the future and borrowing money from them as a parent shows you are incapable of budgeting yourself.<br />
When it gets to later in life when the 'child' is 30+ then maybe it would be better and more feasable

Best Answer

No it's not right, my parents have taken over $4000 off me because they say they need it but yet they go out and buy random **** they don't need...<br />
I'm 20 years old I pay for board and my own food, I'm trying to save up to move out on my own but every time I have money saved they take it :/ if I don't give it to them my dad loses it at me and threatens to kick me out on my own...<br />
They even made me pay for their bond and rent even though I needed that money for my bond and rent for when I move :(

Best Answer

I think yes

Best Answer

That's up to the children. They are the ones who must decide 1) if they are able to lend money and how much, and 2) if their parents really need to do this, and 3) whether the parents are likely to pay it back. I do think that the likelihood of parents repaying a loan is greater than the likelihood of kids paying back a loan from their parents.

Best Answer

It's a parents responsibility to care for their children. If they can't take care or support their children then they shouldn't gave had any, and children services should step in. I could relate to this as my monther transfered few thousand each month from joint savings to her personally checking account. Talk about trust... I have print out of all transfers and feel betrayed. I'm only 17 and the money she been taking from me belongs to me which my father has given me. It's a shame how immyure parents could be. It is there job to support their children and not minors supporting parents. If you can't support your own children then they need to be in different care.

Best Answer

For some people, maybe not, but I personally love my parents enough to lend them money. Love and SUPPORT should go both ways.

Best Answer

I would try not too

Best Answer

Do you borrow from your parents before? If yes, then they have the right to borrow from you in return.<br />
Do you ask money from your parents before? If yes, then it's about time you give some money that they might needed.

Best Answer

No, I believe one should be appreciative enough to GIVE to their parents.Well, at least that's how my family and I are.

Best Answer

My answer is a big no. I'm 18 and i'm just have experience like you, but with bigger number. I Have a freelance job, and usually i'm getting paid around $200. As a teenager of course i'm happy so i can save money for entering universities next year. But the thing is not easy as that. Every Time i get paid, my dad asking me to borrow that money (yes all of that). He said it for Grocery, paying bills and debts, etc, etc. Just think by yourself, what did you feel if you getting paid and then your dad just come to your room and saying "hey son, can i borrow that? You know it's for food, etc, etc." It sucks, and it feels like my dad being a parasite. Even after i'm getting a job, he still do that without telling me. It's just the Same with my mother. Because dad can't afford monthly bills, mom come to me and ask if she can borrow my money. Now i'm regretting what i do. My money sucked out, i don't have enough money to prepare for universities, i can't buy Tools i need (i'm a motion Designer, and guess what, i'm working with a 14 inch display and my eyes getting worse and worse because i can't even upgrading my Tools). So for you who your parents asking your money, don't give it, save for your needs, it's your parent duty to take care for their life (if they're lazy), otherwise you'll regret it.

Best Answer

I think it's right only if they ask the child. I ended up in a awful situation. My father passed. Left me around 100,000. By the time i graduated from college...my mother had spent every dime. I left college and had to return home because even after 4 years of working at college I had nothing to stand on. I had no family that could help. My mother didn't have money to help. The saddest thing is....she would do it again if she could. No remorse. It still breaks my heart to this day.

Best Answer

Hell no!

Best Answer