because my mother in law and father a law are 3rd cousins ...and they try to marry my late husband to a second cousin.....
goodseemore goodseemore 41-45, F 27 Answers Feb 4, 2012

This question isn't even worth answering, its just gross.

Best Answer

Definately not, family usually share characteristics and may be better suited to each other then strangers and different upbringing.

Best Answer

Wasn't it common practice back in the early 1900's? Especially among those of royal descent. Seems to me there are a lot of people in the world, so other than wanting to keep wealth or titles in the family I can't imagine why the need to marry in the same blood line would be encouraged. I think if it's like 2nd or 3rd cousins, there is enough variance in the genes and whatnot. I don't really know what I'm talking about though.

Best Answer

haha....well said!

Best Answer

I'd say go for it.....Why not.....The World's ****** up already....Why not add to it. Marry your pet, for all I care!!

Best Answer

Hahaha...or perhaps my goldfish? Hahaha.

Best Answer

haha.....of course!

Best Answer

Are you doing drugs lol

Best Answer

Not looking past the family tree? Lots of other trees out there

Best Answer

Uh, yes. If you're related, it's i-n-c-e-s-t. I don't care how distant the relation is.

Best Answer

If the relation is through marriage, like a 2nd cousin through marriage then no, of course it isn't wrong!

Best Answer

It's still a little creepy and I'm only talking about being related by blood.

Best Answer

Yes I agree, blood ties, no way.

Best Answer

I read through these posts with some interest. Firstly I should add marrying your first cousin in the UK is legal but a marriage to a second cousin isn't actualy. There are no significant risks through a one off cousin marriage more than there are in a non cousin marriage. Problems that have arrisen, ie a defect say diabetes has a stronger risk of bieng passed on with intensity through line breeding. So, if your parents were cousins and there parents and so on. And that does happen in, for instance in the Pakistani community. There is alot of malicious nonsense surounding cousin marriage and/or procriation. Sign of the times though. You don't hear much condemnation of gay sexual relationships, and you daren't say that aids was first prevelant in homosexual men in the west which was then spread to hetrosexual couples. You try banning gay partnerships, or frowning on gay sex. Not that anybody should, but what would the bbc say if you did! There are alot of examples of cousin marriage in real life and fiction, that are not/ were not frowned upon. Interestingly the latest fictional cousin marriage was in east enders between the attractive samira and her cosin that turned out to be gay. Ok so now you have some facts. I don't want any of you prejudiced crew gay bashing or giving married cousins a hard time. OK?

Best Answer

Nothing wrong, it is acceptable ...except that congenital illnesses running in family become more prone to occur ... cousins marriage is a 3rd degree consanguinity, very common in middle Asia especially in India

Best Answer

so that makes you and your husband 4th cousins?

that's pretty distant, like you had the same great-great-great-grandparents back around the time of the Revolutionary War or something like that.

doesn't seem like such a big deal to me, but judging by the reaction here, you'd be better off keeping your little secret inside the family

Best Answer

no ...my late husband was fillipino and I"m irish

Best Answer

Now, if you are religious...the Bible states that you cannot without a doubt marry nor have sex with your: mother, sister, father's daughter from another woman, mother's daughter from from a previous marriage. A woman your father married but it doesn't mention a cousin. No where! Take it or leave it. It is not good for your family in my opinion.Trust me.Technecially, there is nothing wrong with it.

Best Answer

Its against the law. And its creepy.

Best Answer

it is creepy as way to close for comfort, but it isn't against the law. except for 1st cousins, mothers marring sons and fathers marring daughter's(that is way over the line)

Best Answer

Lol ! - except for - this,...and this .....and this .....and this....! :-)

Best Answer

Legally, anything beyond second cousins is okay. Genetically, it may be okay, but I think if cousins marry, it may be a good idea to have some tests done. Adoption may be the best plan if children are wanted.

Best Answer

There are two simple rules to ******. We not suppose too, and second, it causes babies to be Down Syndrome.

Best Answer

if they're not blood related then it's still a bit weird but not nearly as much.. inbreeding (or whatever it's called, i forgot lol) can cause the babies to be hermaphrodites after a few years cause too many of the genes are the same.

Best Answer

Whilst I'm not thrilled with idea , I'm not that quick to judge .

I never want to walk a mile in their shoes but can't really understand it till I have .

Best Answer

no, I married my cousin Laa Laa... my name is Dipsy by the way...

Best Answer

Marriage is fine. It's the breeding that worries me.

Best Answer

Yes, but are they only related because somebody else is married in the family?

Best Answer