I think it's really horrible how some parents but so much pressure on their kids on sports or school grades. Some parents basically have it planned out how their child is gonna live their life. They expect nothing but perfection from them and that is hard and impossible. There are parents who live their dreams through their children and I find that extremely wrong. Thank god my mom wasn't like that.
Candielle Candielle 18-21, F 8 Answers May 21 in Parenting & Family

Sometimes I want to push mine over a cliff.

Best Answer

Depends on what they are pressuring them about.

Best Answer

It is wrong. I belong to a south east asian culture where it doesn't matter what you like or what your IQ is you have to become a doctor or a scientist. What happened with me is I had to work a LOT harder than my peers to achieve my target because I wasn't supposed to study Economics, I wasn't good at Math! I fell sick to get a grade that defines if I am good enough and if I am gonna have a good future. People who used to fail in my class who my parents and teachers looked down upon actually have much better lives now..better jobs too. The problem is I believed my parents and listened to them and tried to be what they told me I should be. Those people who used to fail and were busy doing other things didn't listen to anyone, they did what they wanted to do and they are successful today. And I was such a good girl, I am on EP today.

Best Answer

I "pushed" mine to do well in school and to go to college. They both now professionally employed and have thanked me for not letting them be lazy.

Best Answer

i know that too much pressure at a young age can do more harm than good. they use their children as a means to boost their own ego. seen it, experienced it. encouragement is a different thing altogether.

Best Answer

I KNEW I didn't want College. I did get my High School Diploma. I also remember there were LOADS of my friends dropping out with just 2 months of school left. It means little now days. But was an achievement that gave my parents pride. Because my older sister dropped out.

Best Answer