run23456 run23456 46-50, M 5 Answers Dec 8, 2013 in EP

thay all know thay can get a way with it ,no one gets fired,,,some get a retirement the reast if there rotten life,,

Best Answer

I think he thought his lie would never be uncovered. Then Edward Snowden came along...oops!

Best Answer

He said he knew he was lying, but, also claimed that was the only answer he could give given the circumstances of an open forum. Which would trump, lying, or leaking classified information?

You sound as though you have never been entrusted with the nations secrets or read the material available on the circumstance including his statement that he gave the least false answer he could for the environment.

Personally I think Sensenbrenner was a dipstick to hold a conversation like that in a public forum so he either forces Clapper into violating statutes concerning the disclosure of classified info, or forces him to lie to maintain the integrity of his non-disclosure agreement. In my opinion, Sensenbrenner was looking for just that, fire him for disclosing classified information, or fire him for lying to the hearing committee.

Best Answer

He knew enough to lie in a way that can be twisted and made to seem like it isn't actually a lie. By saying *not wittingly* he was saying if we do, we are unaware...which is crap, but how to prove it is crap is the big question.

Best Answer

Do you think a question that BIG should at least be given a hearing in a court of law? Do you want people to go in front of your elected representatives and intentionally lie and deceive them?

Best Answer

I am not American...they are not MY elected representative. I definitely think he should be tried in a court, but he had the advice of a lawyer on the wording, that would give him an out.

Best Answer

For some reason you seem to be taking Clappers position in his defense. He was brought before the US Congress and freely asked to inform the representatives of the citizens of the United States what the citizens are being subjected to and if his organization was following laws set forth by congress to protect the citizens. Simply put ....He Lied. His lies also appear to effect the loss of personal freedom throughout the world. Why you would defend his position of lies and deception is beyond me!

Best Answer