JustBE14 JustBE14 22-25, F 11 Answers Sep 1, 2010

I think out of sight, out of mind but don't leave the state solely to try to get over somebody. Moving JUST to get over somebody shows that they have power over your life. I think if you have a chance for a fresh start and want a new atmosphere, that could be great but don't move just because of them. You're giving them power over you.

Best Answer

A temporary change of scene can be good because it detaches you from your usual patterns and emotions and gives you a new perspective. But uprooting your whole life will not help you become detached because it is evidence that you care so much that you have to move. Prove to yourself you can do without this person you did without for a long time before you met him/her. Stay where you are and get on with your life. But a long vacation might be a great idea right about now. Changes of scene are good for new perspective but, as the other poster said, never let someone dictate where you must live. It gives them way too much power and makes you weaker.

Best Answer

Possibly -- if the ex is so much in your head you want to move to another state, then it seems likely to me they'll stay in your head wherever you go. You have to recover, not try to hide. I think you need more reasons to uproot your life than just to avoid an ex.

Of course, if you mean an abusive ex who is stalking you or something, that's a different story and a move might be a very good think for your peace of mind.

Best Answer

Where ever you go- there you are. Don't depend on a new place to meet closure. Of course, new faces can't hurt a new outlook.

Best Answer

Yes … I do think it’s a bad idea.

There are some things in life that you will not be able to run away from; why treat this any differently? By facing up to what you think you can’t, you are learning a lesson. Isn’t that what life should be about? It’s about overcoming and I don’t see lost/broken love to be any more different than many other lessons you have yet to learn. It may be worth considering that you might move to another State, only to find a love that breaks again; would you then want to move to another State to start all over yet again?

You should learn from this. Learn to be strong, learn to overcome … it’s all a part of life-lessons and affairs of the heart are no different. I’m sure you know already, but life and living life is something you never stop learning.

(IMHO)

~F~

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

I can tell you that it will definitely work. I happened to move out of state after I broke up with my bf. I was devastated but It helped me soooo much to get over him! He was nice but I felt trapped in the relationship and I knew I didn't want to marry him. He ended up moving too, although I don't think he got over me as easily.

Best Answer

it helped me but i came back...lol it does help even if you need to just get away for a week or 2 helps i did both...when i leaved my husband i moved off and started a new life but went back to him. and the last one..i just took a vacation...4..2wks thats was long enough for me to get my thoughts back togather

Best Answer

hell no,I love moving it's a fresh start

Best Answer

Thanks guys

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer