My own teenagers didn't seem as 'in to' a particular type of music as I did as a teenager.

Best Answer

Fickleness seems to be a fundamental aspect of modern life......adults & teens alike......sad isn't it?

Best Answer

It's more than nostalgia-- you are correct in your ponderings, it seems.
Yes, music is now a disposable 'thing', it's only entertainment, not an art form, not something that 'kids' can identify with or latch onto. It's about dancers, production (and not 'musical production!) idiotic non lyrics,
no chords or solos and, very often a 2 bar loop, repeated endlessly. No talent hacks, who have never played one actual gig, are promoted on TV as , not even singers or artists, but, (gag me!) " Idols" !!? Sad.....

Best Answer

Other way around

Best Answer

Yes, asking the question the other way round would be interesting.....did it have in the past the impact it has now.......either way I don't think it has, perhaps the impact is felt differently now??

Best Answer

I think there was no impact and fill that gap they made a new impact

Best Answer

Yes. <br />
But with the proliferation of alternate media forms the youth are not grouped into as large factions as before because the number of music forms and groups is much greater. In the 60's most youth listened to mega groups like the beetles. But today there are no real mega groups but many different groups.

Best Answer

It's going to influence their fashion choices for sure... beiber fever is much the same as madonna frenzy was in the 80s.. and let's not forget the whole spice girls thing of the 90s *shudders*

Best Answer