kjm81153 kjm81153 56-60 13 Answers Jan 15, 2011

sorry people but nurses and doctors, male or female, are first human. They hide behind their so called professionalism to cover up their own intrest. if you do not believe me just look at the disparity between male and female nurses. Male nurses cannot take care of female patients without a chaperone, female nurses can take care of male patients without one. Female doctors do not have to have a male chaperone when examining a male patient, yet male doctors have to have a female chaperone when examining a female patient. If you could listen to some of the "girl talk" about male patients it would scare you to death, they discuss everything from a males physical looks to how to humilate a male patient so he will be compliant with their wishes. I have had so many surgeries that it doesnt bother me anymore, but I find it so funny how people believe female nurses dont care and dont enjoy the oppurnity to take a good look or even a good feel.

Best Answer

I think they are rather bored by it all. Whatever thrill it may have once had, probably minimal to begin with, is long gone.

Best Answer

it's their job to look at it or else he can't give them the correct treatment.

Best Answer

i am 29 ys old male i went to the er for injury to the groin the doc ordered a ua instead of giving me time to go to the restroom or even ask me the nurse's cathiterized me i heard the doc say i need a ua and the nurse asked to cath me because she had a student

Best Answer

Yes, female nurses do. I am not an attractive man by any stretch of the imagination, but on at least a couple occasions while the doctor was examining me, the nurses had their eyes fixed on my genitals even though they had no need to do so. One of them noticed when I caught her staring and started blushing. If a man did the same thing to a female patient, people would call him a pervert.

Best Answer

I think they do it because they have to. I had surgery recently and i got stiches just above my waist. I was laying in bed with just a hospital gown on when the nurse came in to check my stiches. I tried to show her my stiches without exposing myself to her but i couldn't. I looked at her and asked,"do you care" and she said no. I pulled the gown back exposing my parts and my stiches. After checking me, she left. It didn't excite me or her. It's just a job.

Best Answer

They are too professional for that!.

Best Answer

no. i think they look at nude men (and women) because they have to. it is in their job requirements..

Best Answer

it's a professional environment and when you see so much it all starts to look the same. I can understand the focus on the reaction/embarrasment as that is a little unusual and underlines that people are humans and at times can be frail.

There is something a little pshycotic if you can do all that care giving and somehow get off on something so small. Stress and responsibility tends to replace these little 'peep shows'.

Best Answer

I had a very interesting exchange here with a hospital nurse, who was interested to know certain things about my experiences as a patient. In her experience, she and her nursing colleagues really aren't interested in seeing nude men, but they do find one thing amusing. Apparently it is a bit funny when a man is very embarrassed for being small and can't control his embarrassment. Nurses are professionals, and while there may be some chat at the hospital, it doesn't leave the hospital.

Also in this one hospital nurse's experience, women doctors never engage in such chat and would not be happy to have such a thing discussed in their presence. Medical professionals are human and have human interests, but work and play are pretty separate. I have three old friends who are male doctors, and the never discuss anything about the human body related to their work in anything other than a professional way. Makes sense to me.

Best Answer

"Apparently it is a bit funny when a man is very embarrassed for being small and can't control his embarrassment."
So, in other words, they get malicious pleasure out of humiliating men. Sounds pretty misandrist to me.

Best Answer

Funny for her, not for me. I'm the small guy who's embarrassed. If a person finds a high-pitched voice, a certain shape of ear, or an inability to play the violin funny, they just do. No crime in that.

Best Answer

No. its a job, not an adventure.

Best Answer

Shortly after being transferred from ICU to regular room, a female nurse handed me (male) a towel. I removed my gown and got into the shower. While trying to turn on the water she entered without knocking. She looked at me and left without asking me if I needed assistance. After the near-death experience from pneumonia I was still adrift from reality. After several years of psychotherapy dealing with several issues (including boundaries) I have been viewing this incident as an abuse. Later (age 40) I had a shocking experience with a female doctor for annual physical exam. Without saying anything she held my genitals while I stood in shock. Afterwards I learned about checking for testicular cancer.

Best Answer