Personally I think we're inherently good but do bad things because I'm just a hopeful type. What about you?
CharlieCharles CharlieCharles 18-21, M 19 Answers Feb 3, 2013 in WTK

I am inherently good, very good indeed.<br />
Yeah but when I feel depressed and dejected, I behave slightly bad with people.<br />
I am a failure in life.

Best Answer

Failures become winners and winners become failures all the time in life. Have a little bit of hope

Best Answer

I do not believe in these motivating lines anymore.
This university professor had promised me that she would accept me as her student, and now after 2 months of hope and anticipation she denied saying, "I regret you lack sufficient experience". It was my dream to study in US or UK, and now I am back to square one. I am getting overage, I do not have a lover in my life, I do not have a career. I am 27 and still struggling while almost all of my friends are happy in their personal and professional lives, or at least in any one of them. I am in neither and I have a feeling that I will never be.

Best Answer

I say that about children all the time. They are good, just do bad things. It has a lot to do with your upbringing, influences, environment and experiences.<br />
What I do believe in is balance with everything. Nothing is ever all good or all bad. I find the positive in the bad things and when good things happen, I make sure I appreciate it because it can be taken from me just as fast as I felt or received it. Am I making sense?

Best Answer

A hard thing to do; what positive can you think when someone kills someone for stupidest of reasons?

Best Answer

That is unfortunate. When I was 13, I had a friend that was shot over a CD. I can relate to how you feel. All I would do is remind myself that they are in a better place and with you in spirit. If they were killed over something stupid, the person who did it will live with it and the karma that comes along with it. All you can do is share your story and know you are helping others. You can't change the past, but you can surely pave your path for the future.

Best Answer

What hurts me the most is that you destroyed two lives (yours and the victims) while also hurting both involving families. Plus it gives birth to hate

Best Answer

I don't believe people are born good or bad, but learn their behavior.<br />
However with that being said, I also think ones genetics makes you<br />
suseptible to one or the other.

Best Answer

I don't think people are inherently anything. They tend to do either what they are taught or the exact opposite. Also, good and evil are not understood the same way by everyone.

Best Answer

Wonder how people think good and evil are different compared to me

Best Answer

I think a propensity for evil is genetic; some people have it and some people don't.

Best Answer

I agree with you completely. I do not believe any one is inherently evil. There no person who does not smile back when a baby smiles at him/her. There is no one who does not like a cute puppy or a warm hug. We are good things inherently.

Best Answer

We were made to do good, but we fail miserably. None of us has not done evil at some point in our lives.

Best Answer

We are inherently good but can be tempted or led into doing evil, with or without knowing

Best Answer

I'm an optiist so I think they are good and occasionally do evil.

Best Answer

People are they inherently good and occasionally do evil - sometimes dont realize, sometimes realize and dont have a choice or control of their action...<br />
Most evil happens due to desire, without desire no goals, without goals no human :)

Best Answer

So is ambition a bad thing?

Best Answer

For most, I believe the latter

Best Answer

I think that we have several forces at bay in the natural world. Firstly we have the mind, body and spirit level of reality where all these forces are a kind of balance of inarguable levels of consciousness and through wisdom and personal fulfillment one can have a prolong effect on the world. Secondly we all have an ego which inherently insures that we are connected to the world around us but also so we aren't just mindlessly wondering around believing there is no such thing as concepts such as mastery. <br />
Thirdly you could debate the whole philosophy into the opinions of good and evil, you might think it is evil to have homosexual relationships however someone else might not see it as an evil act and even who decides what is evil and good? (normally if it goes against natural law I would say)

Best Answer

I think we kinda aren't either. I think we have a kind of limit as to how much evil we can take before we become evil ourselves. And also, I think it varies from person to person as to how far they can go before they can't come back.

Best Answer