Questionator Questionator 26-30 132 Answers Dec 3, 2011

Question of the Day

It depends on what they did.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Of course , I don't know where I'd be today if it wasn't for second chances . I can only show my gratitude by doing the same for others .<br />
Actions do not make a person .

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

i agree

Best Answer

yes and I often give people even more than that..but what I have found in the last 15 years is that when ever I do give them a 2nd chance they just hurt me over and over again and the 2nd time is often worse than the 1st time... the last time I forgave my relatives they wiped me out perminantly when I should have been falling in love and making babies and having a career to die for... so I am very reluctant to trust them ever again... and I feel that way with men also... I feel like I am struggling to trust... people seem to take me down and have no heart for my needs at all, and they don't know how much that has psychologically affected me...I don't even know if they have the capacity to care even ...their hearts are so foul and selfish...<br />
I need love to work for me now cuz I am sick of waiting and being forgotten and pushed around.. its time for me to be a somebody and reclaim my power and role do so much more for children and child sexual abuse...back 12 years ago our support group was looking at starting a committee to be represented in legal and govt circles and I was asked to be part of that but it never got off the ground ...I feel I could have found a new empowering career option for me but it wasn't ment to be...<br />
why do so many people say child sexual abuse :oh they bring it on themselves... ! <br />
no child does... ! when you have been taken down and abused as much as me... who deserves the second chance more ...them or me? ans= me!!!

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

who on earth says that about CHILD SEX ABUSE
but its a harsh fact about humans that even if were considerate loving and caring 99% of the time that 1% can ruin lives.

Best Answer

I feel this way this was so real so good thank you for the post

Best Answer

I have a book I should have read it cause no would have been the option

Best Answer

Well, if I'm gonna be given a chance, I'd prefer it be longer than a second, you know? (Prefer months or years)

Best Answer

I always enjoy your quirky mind.

Best Answer

It depends entirely, not upon the action, but on the person. Some people deserve 10 chances - because they're good people who do their best, but are challenged by often insurmountable factors they're trying tirelessly to battle and overcome. They don't mean to hurt others, and it tortures them when they do. Those people, it's worth trying again with. And again. And possibly, even again.<br />
Some people though, are basically worthless, and the first time they screw up is an ominous indication of things to come. They don't or can't care about the wider implications on others, and don't learn from their mistakes. Those people, you should walk - or run - away from the minute you get the chance. In fact, try to avoid even giving them a first chance, if possible.<br />
Learning to differentiate one type of person from the other is maybe the biggest challenge life has to offer... haven't quite cracked it myself yet, but getting there...

Best Answer

Couldn't have written it better.

Best Answer

Some people don't even deserve one chance. <br />
I think Maya Angelou said it best: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time"

Best Answer

It really depends on the situation. People sometimes feel entitled to a second chance when they are the one who screwed up. Some people cant handle the accountability factor. When something happens, that they had a hand in screwing up; they want to point a finger at someone else or blame their mistakes on other people/things. It gets old. So in my opinion, not everyone is WORTHY of a 2nd chance.

Best Answer

you are right

Best Answer

What if you didn't do anything wrong

Best Answer

Oh please, then why beg for a second chance? lol
Are you talking about on a criminal level?

Best Answer

For mistakes?? Absolutely. Life is a learning process. You won't get everything right the first time. <br />
But, in cases where you have intentionally hurt someone, no. The loss of the relationship should be your life lesson.

Best Answer

This rather depends on what they did with their first chance ?

Best Answer

Depends

Best Answer

I believe always a second chance, never a third.

Best Answer

No, not always . We have to know when to walk away.

Best Answer

Not if they are going to take advantage of you again -- because you may hate yourself for not having strong boundaries. It depends on the situation; if they have bad habits they will not change, then 'no'.

Best Answer

Depends, do they deserve one?

Best Answer

Yes but not to the point I get walked all over.

Best Answer

Everyone deserves a second chance. It's the third, fourth & fifth chances people ask for that have me wondering why haven't they learned from there mistakes.

Best Answer

Prisons are full of people who will get a second chance

Best Answer

do they truly get a second chance???....Can they get a job with a record...Not a good one..

Best Answer

Why should they get a good job when people that never broke the law can't get one?

Best Answer

I honestly doubt they've never broken the law, they just haven't been caught. It doesn't have to be something big to break the law.

Best Answer

Yes, I do....but I don't believe in more than that. If I give someone three. four, five chances, and keep getting screwed over, I have a cut off point at which, I have nothing more ever to do with them.

Best Answer

Depends on the situation. The person I'm thinking of at the moment deserves nothing from me.

Best Answer

sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.... setting boundaries is necessary and enforcing them is too... otherwise you may as well wear a t-shirt that says 'open season -- let me have it'

Best Answer

be nice

Best Answer