NurseC NurseC 18-21, F 20 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Habits

No. I think that they're just people with smoking/food addictions. Life is hard, it really is. Those things are just ways to help someone cope. No, it's not a good way to cope but it does help them. I say as long as they're completely healthy, exercise, eat mostly right, drink water and can do normal, every day things then that's just fine.

Best Answer

Yes. Which means they need more support, and in our society that is not seen as acceptable. You have to be able to pull yourself up- which is why we're all collapsing. Nobody helps anyone, and when things go wrong all we do is point fingers. The thing I find hilarious is we do this even when we know the problem isn't just ourselves, the obese and addicted so often would sooner blame themselves rather than the fact that they aren't getting support they need, because it often goes against their beliefs, and further reinforces the culture of "pull yourself up by your bootstraps". How is a heroin addiction from the age of 14 your fault...? How is eating to numb the void of loss your fault? When you crack your arm in two on the front step you don't say "well that was my fault" and wrap your kids slinky around it. You go to a ****** hospital. Why is our culture so ****** up about everything to do with mental and sexual health? that's the real question.

Best Answer

Quitting smoking is very difficult. I have been addicted for 24 years now. It's not weak will why I cant quit, my body craves it too much.

Best Answer

You will NOT always be this slim just wait until your 40-50 you may take up smoking

Best Answer

How about just exercising like a normal person?

Best Answer

Here's the thing. I know from experience that sheer force of will can be all that you need to break an addiction. I've known people who had lit a cigarette, and then angrily put it out immediately after - never to pick up a cigarette again. But people like that come one in a thousand. Maybe even less.<br />
So no. They don't have weak wills. The will of an addict is no lest strong than yours or mine, but the obstacle it has to overcome is greater. And in truth, it is those on the opposite end that standout, and it is their will that is abnormally powerful.

Best Answer

No I think it's a weak grasp of humanity that seeks to judge who is better and who is worse ba<x>sed on the product that saved the first successful settlement as it made profit at one point taking any open space it would root like the streets and was a drug delivery system before tobacco finally started getting it's current smokers are bad m'kay? image as I lived the end of the smokers era when no place banned smoking and was "cool" not weak and processed foods and food in general is a subject most people seem to think they know about because they eat and understand will even less totally lacking any notion of the fact that there are personality types out there so different from their own that the two could almost be aliens to each other<br />
Do not judge what you do not first have compassion on as your struggles are weakness to others and we all have our strengths and our weaknesses<br />
Cept me... I'm better than everybody<br />

Best Answer

good attorney can always re right there will

Best Answer

do you think that some people might enjoy smoking and being fat? not everyone on this planet enjoys the same things.

Best Answer

Tough one. Having smoked, quit, smoked, failed quitting, smoked more, quit again, etc., willpower plays a massive role. I don't know that I'd say anyone was weak willed though - at least not if they kept trying.<br />
As for obese people, sometimes I think they're just lazy. I'd agree that there can be genetic reason for SOME of them, but not all. Even a walk around the block every day could help many of the people I see; they just choose not to do it. Is that willpower related? Maybe.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

yes i guess so.....and you forgot to mention SELF DISCIPLINE....

Best Answer

Not necessarily. Some may be born with a higher addictive trait.

Best Answer