...because I found out with most complainers; they like to *****. So, now I save my breath because no matter what I offer as a solution, they come up with a reason why my suggestion wouldn't help. Sigh:(
Helper96 Helper96 46-50, F 12 Answers May 6, 2012

Possibly, or it could be that they just don't have anyone to listen to them at all... positive or negative. Also, we tend to focus on the negative and completely forget about all of the positive things we hear. For instance, I could have 100 people tell me 100 nice things, but it would be that one rude thing that one rude person said that would stand out. Sometimes I think it's just that society has a problem with "negativity" because the negative forces us to look at reality. Bad things happen ALL the time to EVERYONE. We don't want to be reminded that it can happen to us too.

Best Answer

The exception to that are soldiers and techies. Both do it to blow off steam. In the case of technical people, they are actually problem-solving out loud.

The rest are just jerks :D

Best Answer

I know what you are saying!

Best Answer

I feel yes self focused,people complain lot, but depends how there life is,miseries and continuous pain ,depriving,in life at the end let one to fell in negativity,so its some kind of habit to think negativity always because sufferings crate a dark aura.

We never expect such a person get rid of that negativity,

Our mind creates, a hell thoughts around us.

Best Answer

I really don't know what you are referring to basy. Why would I block you and I don't know about the statement you are referring to. Enlighten me.

Best Answer

Thanks lot,really I do not know why I expressed my such a feeling,we knows we are not perfect,I my self feeling ashamed ,heartily apologies.
should i delete it?

Best Answer

Avoid negative people like you would avoid a republican fund raising rally..

They drain your ******* life away with their constant ******* woe is me & life sucks man attitude..

Be a glass half full person & kill negativity..

Best Answer

Some would argue that "glass half full" is just another way of saying "denial", "glass half empty" is reality. My mother is dying of a terminal illness. It is a fact. I'm not being negative, seeking sympathy or trying to drain anything from anyone. I'm am simply making a statement that is not positive, but does that necessarily mean it's negative? No, not always.

Best Answer

No you have god reason to feel negative if that was the case (lost both parents to cancer) but some folk are just negative about every ******* thing.Peace

Best Answer

PS sorry should read good reason.X

Best Answer

Yes!!! oscar!

Best Answer

I'm sorry about your Mom, I'll say a prayer...God bless!!! I think you might find another site that will please you...Not talking about death of a loved one. Sorry for you :(

Best Answer

I hear you! It's quite draining, isn't it?

Best Answer

I agree. So sorry about your mom :(

Best Answer

did U ever consider they may be depresses and they need to be listened too???

Best Answer

thank you! it's funny how I find in a q&a about negativity, I find only ONE positive answer among all of the rudeness, name-calling, and snap judgments I have just read. irony :)

Best Answer

I am pretty in tune to noticing depression in others. I dealt with Severe Clinical Depression for 5 years. And I like to have a dialogue with another and connect. A monologue is one-sided. I am a great listener...I am not referring to depression. Your pic is cute!

Best Answer

I hear you loud and clear, kara!!

Best Answer

There are a few of those right here on EP.

Best Answer

Yes! On this site actually!!! I'm ready to walk.

Best Answer

that doesn't sound like a question, does it?

Best Answer

Well, make yourself happy and find a question you like. Sigh...

Best Answer

Very negative view point, all of us have problems in life, some are here purely to vent about things we wouldn't dream of expressing to those around us, does that make us bad in some way? Or does it just make us human?

Best Answer

I am not referring to everyone. Oh, the negativity.

Best Answer

That's called, black and white thinking with no in between. Nothing is black and white. I use to think like that; not anymore. Well, I acknowlege it if I do and that changes my perspective and sends me in the right direction. One can't change something they don't acknowledge. To do that is a big step and sometimes hard to do, but very much worth the struggle.

Best Answer

I am referring to the person who, everytime you talk to them, he/she complains, complains and complains. There is a positive light in everyones life. I won't bore you with my struggles right now, but I have struggled more than most. If you and I came in contact everyday and EVERY time you saw me I complained about a lousy life and nothing ever goes right for poor me, I believe you would understand what I am trying to say. I don't think you are getting my point right now. And yes I have written some not so happy stories on this site, but I find the sun shining through the clouds as well. Do you know what I mean? I'm not referring to stories on E.P. and no I don't know why you are asking me if I think anyone is "bad." You have written your own story and it doesn't relate to what I was referring to. I happen to have a very positive outlook and like to put myself in another's shoes to understand and be empathetic. I care about others. I believe people are good when I meet them unless they show me a reason not to.

Best Answer