LikeAPrayer LikeAPrayer 18-21, F 22 Answers Mar 27, 2013 in Hobbies

They are animals, not humans, which means they live by a different set of rules and behaviors. I don't think we should be making them wear clothes and ride in car seats and get their hair done.

But they are alive, they have feelings, they feel connections with other living beings. They should BY ALL MEANS have basic civil rights as humans do- they should not be treated like property, abused, neglected, slaughtered en masse to be consumed, or exploited.

Best Answer

Not "equally" per se..they should be respected in the same way one respects a baby child and cared for(treated) in, at the very least, a decent manner.

Decent meaning all their needs are cared for.

Best Answer

yes , of course

Best Answer

Pets should be treated with respect... Most pets are better people than people...

Best Answer

Yes, they are a part of the family. I treat all my pets like family. My dogs, my cats, my rat and my tarantula. I give them the best care that I can.

Best Answer

NO!

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

The problem with that, as Cesar Millan has stressed with folks he works with, is that pets ARE NOT people...

Best Answer

Not at all!!!

As long as they are not tortured or deprived of food/water/warmth.

Best Answer

No., but I do. :-), hows that for a double standard

Best Answer

yes and no. they are our pets they need to be kept in their place for the most part. feed him people food and he won't get the nutrients they need from their own food. do a lot of things and the pet stops being a pet.

Best Answer

They should be treated humanely and with respect.

Best Answer

Yeah Of course!!!! They also have heart and everything what a human have!!!! So damn true, they should have to!!!!!!

Best Answer

yeah. they are our equals.

After all...in the end, we're all animals.

Best Answer

No. While animals certainly have some rights, they don't have all the same rights. Let me ask you this, would you let your dog vote in an election? If you say yes, I think you should be sectioned and barred from voting yourself - :P. If you say no, then you cannot treat it equally as a human.

Best Answer

No, They are animals

Best Answer