by physical appearance I mean mostly physical features of the face and body, not weight or clothes..
MantisReligiosa MantisReligiosa 22-25, F 16 Answers Sep 15, 2010

It can say something about their level of self esteem and their health, but not it's not an accurate indication of their entire personality.

Best Answer

No-but how they postulate themselves tells a lot

Best Answer

That's a very interesting question. Does the fact that a person is thin indicate a high energy level? Does an obese person have a disorder of some kind or are they lazy? Does a person with thin lips have them because they are thinning them out due to bad temper? Does a person who purses their lips do so because they disapprove of so many things? Do squinty eyes indicate bad eyesight or disapproval? Should a man or a woman with a highly toned muscular and tanned body automatically be categorized as vain? I haven't thought about how many ways people might automatically categorize other people by appearance, but there could potentially be a lot of ways for some people, if they were not careful to filter out automatic perceptions with considered thought.

Best Answer

behind the masquerade for the flashbulb moving film and past the incognito, the only thing appearance says is condition of health.

Best Answer

True Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Best Answer

I sincerely hope not. If it is, then I'm in a lot of trouble.

Best Answer

I think that physically we are attracted to people with certain features. Whether because they are remininscent of our own or not, I cannot say. However, it is my opinion that the eyes have it; that is, you can tell a lot about a person from their eyes, as they are the windows of the soul. (Trite, but true!)

Best Answer

A good example of physical traits saying something about a person would be the red head always being accused of having a quick temper. You can judge a persons lineage by physical features. Different linages might be known for different aspects of their ability so it might be assumed that if you are predominately of one linage than you may in fact hold some of those qualities. Other than race and ancestral stereotypes it's hard to say, but than "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" comes to mind.

So in a sense yes your physical characteristics can say a lot about who you are and where you came from (but it's a very deep sense, not skin deep).

Best Answer

absolutely not! If you dont judge - who does that person become?

If you dont say "ah a big nose means they are greedy" - a big nose just becomes a nose.

Go sit somewhere busy and just watch people - dont judge them. Just watch them.

Who are they? They are people. Just people. With feelings,thoughts, desires, wisdom and anxiety and everything else you can think of - they love and die.

If you ***** away a persons appearance - so you can not determine physical characteristics - they are still just as they were without the judgments about their appearance.

Best Answer

To add onto the discussion with Kristelle, I too believe that certain facial futures are linked to certain personality links. For me, personally, the shape of a persons mouth tells me a lot about the person as well as the chin. But mostly the mouth (lips). I would love to go deeper into this discussion about what the different shape say (no pun intended) to me but do not wish to offend anyone here by it.

Best Answer

Yes, unfortunately, they do make a difference, to the uneducated mind..As with all species of animals, humans are no different than animal counterparts..physical traits are important, especially to the female..look atthe peacock, and the peahen..Which is brighter, and more beautiful, the male...the ape, the glorious silver backed, with courage and the prowess to control his harem..

this is just natures way of saving the best physical characteristic..However, as humans, we should know that intellect and smartness, matter much more than facial attributes..and as far as I am concerned, if you can't laugh at yourself, i don't care how gorgeous you are..

Best Answer

It does actually, we usually notice we don't like a person based on subtle behaviours and face structure. Some face structers have certain personality traits that we intinctually pick up on.

Apparently women with petruding chins are generally unfaithful thus, a large percenge of men are not attracted to large chinned women.

Best Answer

you mean certain features come with certain personality traits linked to them..but it doesn't have anything to do with reality.

Best Answer

Yes most people judge others by what they look like, sad but true. I think if you don't get the chance to know someone because of what they look like you might just miss the most beautiful person thats on the inside!

Best Answer

yes I think so, like electricsky said, also the way they carry themselves, how alert they are, so many signs.

Best Answer