jthitt jthitt 56-60, M 21 Answers May 6, 2012

Raising taxes makes NO sense given the current state of the economy. Limiting or eliminating government services makes NO sense given the current state of the economy. Raising public and community college tuition makes no sense given the current state of the economy. <br />
Freezing public employees wages to keep the public burden manageable given the current state of the economy MAKES sense.

Best Answer

take literally a couple of minutes on the web to educate yourself about what the taxes hike is about and who will pay for it.

Best Answer

MtnMig, that is like asking a pig to sing....

Best Answer

I am more educated, both in general and about the "proposed" tax hikes, than YOU or any of YOUR kind.

Best Answer

It does not make sense in any type of economy. The US is at a crossroad at the moment: <br />
Option 1: Do we further expand the role of government in our lives, and with it turn over the fruits of our labor to the politicians? Can they be trusted? <br />
Option 2: Do we decrease the role of government in our lives, and with it the amount the amount of money we turn over to the politicians who represent us? Would we be turning our backs on "those less fortunate?"<br />
I'm for option 2. All our "trusted politicians" have shown us is that they are worse then crack ****** when it comes to thier drug of choice: spending. They use the money generTed through taxes to expand thier influence. I do not want to live in a scocialist state. I do not believe it should be goverent's role to provide for it's people. It is the peoples role to provide for themselves. It is the peoples role to help the less fortunate get back on thier feet through charitable giving.

Best Answer

I like the engine and load analogy, but this may not have always been the case. I think what has changed is the fundamental view of the purpose of government. <br />
Without going into all the reasons why, I think our society is heading in the direction of a Nanny State. This is of course welcomed by politicians who love nothing more than to spend other people's money. <br />
And spending others' money, and having unearned and unquestioned power has become the raison d’être of our local, state, and national governments.<br />
The basic dichotomy is this, either: a) educate people thoroughly on how to spend and save their money wisely (caveat emptor), or b) dumb down the masses and use amoral behaviorism to convince them that others know better how to spend their money and how they should live their lives.<br />
Let's see, do we let people keep their money and incentivize them to spend wisely and save, or do we tax them more and stuff most of their hard earned money into our own pockets, while all the while telling them that all of our problems can be saved with even more money?<br />
I have begun to look at most government spending this way: a) let people who don't care what I think create ways to spend my money and live a lavish life style paid for by me; or b) decide as an informed public what we need and use our own money (or entrepreneurs) to make it happen in a free market economy.<br />
Consumption tax, period. End the IRS, period.

Best Answer

I agree, the US has turned into a bunch of fiefdoms (small kingdoms), where young people have been turned into uneducated and unaware sheep, who because of endless false praise ('you are special') and endless 'programs' to address their every little desire, are powerless to resist the big nipple of big government--cradle to grave.

Best Answer

NO, You can raise taxes to the point that it results in a loss of revenue, when people begin to opt-out rather than pay the higher taxes.

Best Answer

No, because once you raise taxes that means people have less income to spend. We need the Government spending less, so Citizens have more to spend. SICK OF SPENDING!!!!!!

Best Answer

...and who will be paying more taxes? The filthy rich that have gamed the system to their advantage.

Best Answer

Really? The rich created the Entitlement system for their personal Game? Get real.

Best Answer

the rich bought george bush for their own gain, obviously. they will buy and run mitt romney too, and he will kiss their selfish, self centered azz.

Best Answer

Wow, still talking about Bush, four years later? Who owns Obama? I bet you think Obama is doing a great job too huh? Why do you hate people who have more then you?

Best Answer

Dude I have attempted to debate you in the past you never engaged in a reality based discussion. I challenged you and your fellow conservatives to an online debate and not one of you would take me on. Apparently you a simply not capable of a rational reality based discussion so I'm not going to waste my time on you because you are not worth my time.

Best Answer

You are a liar, you have never debated me. You are just a Partisan who spews talking points you dont really understand. Move along.

Best Answer

With the gini coefficient at .46 and rising fast, yes, we badly need our progressive tax system back, before everybody is either too rich to worry or too poor to survive.<br />
The fastest growth in America's recent history was in the 50's and 60's when taxes were far higher and more progressive. As soon as we got the Bush tax cuts, we got the slowest economic growth in decades, and we still are today, despite taxes falling even lower. <br />
There are plenty of countries with higher taxes than the US that are growing better: Germany, Israel, The Netherlands, Canada. GoodGuyGrowsUp, HeartLikeAChild, and CrystalVisionary couldn't be more wrong.

Best Answer

Well said...what a difference the facts make.

Best Answer

i think raising that taxes on things like diamonds and other expensive things no one buys every day might help because then it will make more money go into state made products. but while we are on the subject why don't the funds every polition has set aside for election campaigns, the several million they have saved, why don't they show that they want to help us get out of debt and instead of talking about it donate that to the anti-debt fond?

Best Answer

hold up. theres always the brilliant 'stimulus package' deals .. we can sink this ship faster yet before we panic

Best Answer

Raising taxes makes one think twice about those extra hours of effort... are they really worth it...

Best Answer

Not true. Wouldn't be true even if there weren't overtime laws to counteract that.

Best Answer

Sigh... these tax laws were designed to get those who don't worry about overtime laws... mostly those who are in there own business.... I've been there before.. and yes ... were not machines... I will weigh the pros and cons of each particular job... refer some to others if the business is just not worth it to me... If my income is getting too high... that I'm only keeping say 25 cents on the dollar... I'd rather go play a game of golf...

Best Answer

No give up become a looser because that is what happens when the richest 1% pay an extra 3% on their taxes.

Best Answer

looser... no... you just give up some of the time you were putting in... so your not in the 1% anymore... your still productive... but you've got skills that others want... you just don't want to hire them out anymore... because you've got better things to do... You forget it's 3% more than an amount already higher amount... we all burn out... even on things we like.... why not slow down and enjoy life a little.. higher taxation is great motivation.

Best Answer

raising taxes in this country makes exponentially negative sense. The corporate government has been raising taxes for two hundred years. The rate could be 100%%%: The corporate government would continue spending much more than it steals from the hard working citizens

Best Answer

How else are we going to pay down the deficit? With fairy dust? And don't say by increased revenue from growth, because the private sector is satisfied with the status quo, and satisfied to see their wealth created through decreased cost...aka....less labor. And all the red and purple states are so busy laying off public workers, they are not going to see increased revenue any time soon...soooo we pay down the debt by getting the money where it is....by taxing the wealthy...Gasp!

Best Answer

Actually it all depends on how it is done. Just raising taxes just because you can & "try" to collect more money for the greedy liberals is so wrong in so many ways. The people who actually make money will end up paying less because of all the loopholes in the tax code. How do you think Google gets away from paying billions in taxes every year? Look at Reagan did when he became President(Clinton also) He did raise taxes but cut corp taxes and got rid of some of the loopholes so that people would get hired by business and pay taxes. wow, what a difference logic makes. Get more people working, they pay taxes and the gov't actually collects more overall during the 8 yrs he was in office. Now we have 49% of the people not paying any taxes and spunging off the honest taxpayers....<br />
If People don't want to work that is their right to be lazy, but they shouldn't get any money for it..period...Bunch of lazy punks

Best Answer

yes, the state of the economy is the cooked up scheme of the rich to begin with, ala george (screw the rest of you) bush, and they want that to continue, while they sit back and let everyone else pay for what they use as much as the rest of us. make them pay their portion, a real portion, and they will have to get business going again to fund their stupidity, instead of stalling it as they have been doing with their selfish whines and refusal to hire americans over foreign labor.

Best Answer

What ever happened to Flat tax Orion? you have a change of heart?

Best Answer

nothing changed, see above. make the million plus people pay some taxes in proportion to the rest, then it will BE a flat tax.. not skewed by the greed of those bastards. when you tax everyone, it gets FAR FLATTER than it is now...
and besides i favored a value added national sales tax on EVERYTHING, no exemptions.

Best Answer

Yes, the proposed tax increase is a measly 3% on people whose wealth has nearly tripled in the last 30 years. In the end these super rich folks will still be paying a lower proportion of their income in taxes than vast majority of people reading this.

Best Answer

good point!

Best Answer

Not when there are so many pork-laden govt welfare programs for both people and corporations! And not to mention the BILLIONS of dollars of foreign aid we dole out to countries that hate us. Only a complete and total moron would support raising taxes with so much waste going on.

Best Answer

I think a better application of 'complete moron' might be used for people such as yourself that combines an ignorance of the issues with the total certainty they are right and everyone else must be a 'moron'.

Best Answer

MtnMig... so very true

Best Answer

Sometimes right-is-right and wrong-is-wrong, even with collusion by those like yourself, waving the banner of issues and ignorance when the house is crumbling down upon us all. I couldn't provide a better example of the word than the position and attitude you and people like yourself take Mig. Sad...

Best Answer

yes , somebody has to support the new illegal immigrant's children as they learn to speak english and the elderly poor . the only problem with higher taxes is the politicians find insane whys of spending it

Best Answer