kylae77 kylae77 31-35, F 41 Answers Apr 30, 2009

My late husband was 13 years older than me and we were married for 22 years before he died.. I don't think age really matters.

Best Answer

Hi--may I ask how old you were when you got married?

Best Answer

Age doesn't matter at all. As long as everything is consentual and the person is at least of emotional maturity then I'd say it's fine. I've seen many of them work :)

Best Answer

Me and my Fiance have a 19 year age Gap between us. I am 19 and he is 38. At the end of the day if you are happy others will be too. The age concerned both me and my partner at the beginning of the relationship but when your in love it should not matter. We have great trust with each other. What is worse he has to work abroad lots of the time and I don't get to see him. We have great trust and when he is with me or I am abroad with him he lets me do whatever I like and go out as much as I like. We are very happy and after a year together you realise that it can work. Trust me there are so many people in the world who have age differences and when you know them.. it makes your situation not seem so bad. Don't think that because your friends maybe don't have boyfriends with age gaps that it is bad. I have experience with this. My friends boyfriends cheat on them and treat them really bad and all of them over time have seen how happy I am and how good I am treated. <br />
My fiance is older obviously but this makes him want to settle down more. Men in there 30s,40s or 50s know what they want from life and they are not 'faffing' around. I knew my fiance from when I was 16 and I made the first moves with him. As soon as I hit 18 we were officially together. People may judge but I have never been this happy. It is the best thing to know you have a trust worthy partner and someone who genuinely loves you and would not hurt you. For many months I thought that the age would be a problem and I felt so much sudden pressure to do well and graduate and then have children because people were saying he is too old. To this you have to ignore because you need to thank god for your partner being older as they have that maturity that many younger people do not really have. As for the baby scenario I would rather have a brilliant older father for my children who would look after them and be around for them then another man who is close to my age who would not. Men can have children at any age. My best friends mum and dad died when they were 21 and 23. You never know the time for people to go and cant even say about relatives ages because you never know. All you should think is my partner is here now and we have many more happy years together. Don't worry about what anyone says. At the end of the day your the one who loves your partner. Your not asking anyone else too your just asking them to accept you decision. That is what I did and now I live with my Fiance happily and I will never regret my decision and I thank God for his age because he would not be him and have his amazing mind if he was my age. Good luck to you and remember it is your life and as long as your happy that is all that matters. xxx

Best Answer

Perfect! May you have more happiness and successful relationship.

Best Answer

Thank you very much :)

Best Answer

thank you. now i let god to guide us and helps us in our relationship. i hope god have good plans for us. thank you and god bless

Best Answer

It isn't the age difference or similarity that makes a relationship work or fail, it's the age the partners act in trying to keep the relationship together (or in wrecking it). Some young folks are old beyond their years, some old folks are immature, some don't act their age ever, and maybe that's a good thing. The important thing is to enjoy your partner and to heck with what other people say.

Best Answer

Yes, it is so true.

Best Answer

Statistically,if it's more than a 15 year gap,the odds don't look great,but who ever fell in love with half an eyey on the statistics?<br />
If everything else is right,they work. <br />
If not,the age gap may add a spin to other problems,but for grownups that shouldn't be count for too much on its own.<br />
(NB I don't include Anna Nichole Smith and the octogenarian multimillionaire - that would really skew my results!)

Best Answer

it doesn'y matter there's 17 years between me and my girlfriend I think its down to the individual people, you have as much chance of makin it work as a couple of the same age!

Best Answer

it could fail, but if there's enough understanding & maturity n both parties, it will definitely work. age is nothing but a number.

Best Answer

So true, it is.

Best Answer

I believe age matters to a point. My mother married a man 11 years her senior (marriage lasted 16 years - he passed away), and my great aunt married a man 11 years her junior (lasted 60 years - she passed last year.) Personally I think 10 years above or below is ideal.

Best Answer

Depends on the people. I think they work, but may not be for everyone. I am 23 but have had a lot of life experiences, both good and bad. Most of my friends and family tell me that I sound like I'm 30. My man is 38 but looks 30. He doesn't have grey hair, he's in great shape, athletic and doesn't act "old." <br />
My parents are in their 60s, my oldest brother is also 38. I never went to day care I was always around people who were older. When we are together, we don't realize our age difference at all. We are into the same things. He's got his career and I'm graduating college next year. He knows what he wants and so do I. It's new so I guess we will see how it works out.

Best Answer

I think women who date men much older like 15 years are gold digger. age does matter. Men date younger women to feel younger. They looked stupid. They look like they are with they daughters.

Best Answer

Age differences can be difficult. But like others said, its about emotional maturity. Relationships are hard if one is in college is still trying to figure out life and the other is already secure. There are fundamental differences there and can be a strain. But if the partners are like minded in goals and what they want out of life, the age shouldn't really matter. I usually get along with men that are at least 10 years + older than me. I don't usually get along with guys near my own age actually. <br />
Where things may start to matter is physical attraction. If a man is much older, it might be harder for a woman to keep interest. But if you love and accept that, then it should be fine.

Best Answer

My 12 years older than me husband turned into a callous ******* after that new feeling went away. I met him when I was 21, and like some of you, I thought he was so great because unlike other guys my age, he seemed to know what he wanted, took me on real dates and wanted committment. Now he is sooo set in his ways. He treats me like im retarded, a little girl. Always talking down to me and if I am upset about anything I am a little baby or bitching. He can't stand the fact that I am smart and he can never be wrong. He is like a grumpy old man and is not even 40 yet. he snores SOOOO loud, graying hair and I am contstantly sexually frustrated because he rarely RARELY wants sex. I feel soo trapped and deppressed. The only reason i stay is my vows and my son. Better think ahead young ladies.

Best Answer

It's not the age that matters (as long as you are both adults) its all about compatibility and communication. If a relationship isn't working out and the only reason is the age difference then that means that one or both of the people in the relationship have a problem with the age gap.

Best Answer

My girl and i have a 17yr age gap and on the whole get on fine however when we argue theres no holds barred . So on the whole i would say theres as much chance of survival as any other.

Best Answer

lemme guess you're the older one yes? Old guy and young girls are the THING... so disgusting and unnatural.

Best Answer

No actually its the other way round. Are you equally disgusted?

Best Answer

My dad is 20 years older than my mom, and they seem very happy after going on 20 years. Personally, I always figured I'd stay in my own age range, but lately I've been thinking there'd be merit to finding an older guy. I don't like the idea of older woman/ younger guy relationships as much, but that's just me, and I guess it all depends on the couple.

Best Answer

why? What if you are only older by two years? But okay then whatever. You think cougar right?! -_-

Best Answer

It depends on whether you want the same things in life and are willing to work for them.

Best Answer

Woah.... there's the answer I was looking for right there... Thank God you answered. =) Bless you

Best Answer

fail

Best Answer

I think dancingonthehill has it right. People mature at different rates. Guys tend to be much slower than girls. A guy in his early 30's is usually in the same place as a girl in her early to mid 20's. <br />
But it is all about the two people and the connection they make. When it's the right person - age doesn't matter, all that matters is that they are together. They enjoy being with each other and that's the most important thing. <br />
If the age difference is bothering you, then perhaps he/she is not the right person for you.

Best Answer

Well i think we develop relationships on base of trust care understanding and love, if you have trust in your relationship then age can be a secondary factor.. but we should be little realistics too developing such relationships in which we have difference of years .. because we are not alone our decisions affect a whole line of our relatives. <br />
regards

Best Answer

i say it depends on the individuals, their experiences, the commonality between them, and a shared vision of where the relationship can head realistically. i was 'involved' with a guy that's seven years my junior and i felt like i was his mom. he loved to call me milf, which i thought was cute. drifting... we are definitely in two different stages in life and my 'life' experiences outweigh his tremendously. i met a guy who's the same age as he but he's from the south, like me, is a parent as well, and we share the same goals, life experiences, and visions of where the relationship can lead realistically and it's totally different. i think, for now, i've found what i was looking for just when i decided to stop looking. i suggest honesty. when u know the cards ur being dealt u can play ur hand appropriately.

Best Answer