I don't think they would. Which raises the question, how many of us are retarded and don't even know it? Am I retarded? I don't mean to be offensive just thinking philosophy here. If i were a slightly different duck would i be able to tell I was any different from other ducks?
BonerRage BonerRage 22-25, M 9 Answers Apr 16 in Community

"Retarded" is an offensive word when you use it like that. As an athlete of BCSO, yes I am slower at learning than others.. but I'm not stupid and neither are the people in special Olympics. If you where to hang out with them, you'd realize that they're just as smart as anyone else and they do know what they have but they choose not to see it as a disability.

Best Answer

You are the only person who can judge you as being retarded

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

We don't use the 'R' word anymore in polite society. <br />
People come with many variations in functioning and most are aware of their limitations, or at least that they have some.<br />
Those most unaware of their own abilities, in my experience, are those who are just smart enough to have 'smart' as part of their personal identity. They tend to think they are always smarter than everyone else and don't seem to recognize when they aren't.

Best Answer

Well depends what you mean by retarded. Are you talking about someone who has below average iq? Or a psychopath/sociopath. Psychopaths know that they are psychopaths. But illnesses like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia may not be 'visible'. I am bipolar but I didnt know but then I just got frustrated with the way I feel n I went to see a doc n he said I am bipolar. I take medication and it helps a little.

Best Answer

They don't. They think they're geniuses. If you're questioning it, you aren't retarded.

Best Answer

vashikaran mantra for husband +91-9461165176

Best Answer

People with disabilities such as autism and Down's Syndrome (the disorders most commonly called "retarded") know they have a disability. For many of them, it's incredibly distressing and frustrating because they watch how other people can communicate and do things while communicating and doing certain things is difficult. Plus, many people who don't know someone with a mental disability sometimes are judgmental and critical of them, causing them to be hyper-aware of their actions and how "socially acceptable" they are. This can make them chronically anxious and nervous.<br />
Also, if you had a mental disability like autism, you would definitely already know.

Best Answer

If people call autism retardation, THOSE people are retarded...

Best Answer

I agree. I have an autistic brother and unfortunately, he's been called all the worse names by awful people.

Best Answer

The proper term would be Down Syndrome.

Best Answer