sacanagem sacanagem 26-30, F 15 Answers Mar 12 in Community

People confuse sequence/structure with routine/timetable. The former yes, the latter no. It's also interesting that we all have an in built bodyclock which a wise parent learns to recognise and work with rather than trying to make the child fit in with what's convenient.

Best Answer

we teach our children at home and we have no routine whatsoever our daughter 12 has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old, the boys 8 and 11 however sleep when they're tired, sometimes they are up for 24 or 36 hours, then they sleep.

Best Answer

but that's a bit chaotic for kids, who really do like routine, but agree - tis hard!

Best Answer

But what if the river leads to a 300 ft. waterfall??<br />
VERY realistic.

Best Answer

Sorry it's the end of the day and I am not functioning at my best - please explain this paronomasia?

Best Answer

A healthy balance is best

Best Answer

routine is necessary for children. it's also called "structure"

Best Answer

Being realistice is good :) but for kids it is routine coz kids arent or havent been so grow up for them routine makes them addicted to good habbits and hygenic but for elders we know and sometimes we go with the flow

Best Answer

I think you need to strike a balance between the two. Children with no structure don't know what to expect, and don't have a stable enough environment to learn and grow. On the other hand, if kids never experience anything out of the ordinary, they don't develop resiliency.

Best Answer

I guess I have this balance as my youngest daughter has a set bedtime and it's story and bed at 7pm no later. That's about as much routine as I have I think 😳

Best Answer

Routine but with the odd twist is likely most beneficial. Routine has been shown to be extremely important by researchers, however you'd want them to be able to handle the unexpected. <br />
Alternatively, if by "go with the flow" you mean you have no routine at all, everything is unexpected, this is horribly damaging to children. They become a dysfunctional mess.

Best Answer

Routine

Best Answer

Routine, it helps them be more organized.

Best Answer

routine teaches discipline.

Best Answer