we teach our children at home and we have no routine whatsoever our daughter 12 has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old, the boys 8 and 11 however sleep when they're tired, sometimes they are up for 24 or 36 hours, then they sleep.

Best Answer

but that's a bit chaotic for kids, who really do like routine, but agree - tis hard!

Best Answer

But what if the river leads to a 300 ft. waterfall??<br />
VERY realistic.

Best Answer

Sorry it's the end of the day and I am not functioning at my best - please explain this paronomasia?

Best Answer

A healthy balance is best

Best Answer

routine is necessary for children. it's also called "structure"

Best Answer

I think you need to strike a balance between the two. Children with no structure don't know what to expect, and don't have a stable enough environment to learn and grow. On the other hand, if kids never experience anything out of the ordinary, they don't develop resiliency.

Best Answer

I guess I have this balance as my youngest daughter has a set bedtime and it's story and bed at 7pm no later. That's about as much routine as I have I think 😳

Best Answer

Routine but with the odd twist is likely most beneficial. Routine has been shown to be extremely important by researchers, however you'd want them to be able to handle the unexpected. <br />
Alternatively, if by "go with the flow" you mean you have no routine at all, everything is unexpected, this is horribly damaging to children. They become a dysfunctional mess.

Best Answer

Routine, it helps them be more organized.

Best Answer