Pulsedog Pulsedog 70+, M 8 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Community

Who's going to give me a ticket? The mall cops? Good luck.

Best Answer

In many jurisdictions the traffic laws don't apply to private property. Check your local laws.

Best Answer

That is what I thought. I turned left from the parking lane right into a stop sign for the pedestrians crosswalk. No one was in the crosswalk so I proceeded. I was ticketed and went to court to fight it. Court officer said I was ticketed for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" his words (really it was unsafe operation of a motor vehicle)

Best Answer

They are a money collection (tax) service. Their decision has almost nothing to do with law or justice.

Best Answer

It is a different violation under statutes in most places. i.e. they can only get you for unsafe operation of a motor vehicle. Easy to contest because it then becomes an opinion of the cop. But if you hit someone, the evidence is at the hands of the cop.

Best Answer

Traffic accidents in parking lots are under police jursidiction, so if there's a stop sign, better stop

Best Answer

That's just the cops ripping off your money just like the cashiers were going to do.

Best Answer

Depends on how the area is zoned. Its a silly rule.

Best Answer