whether it's body size, facial features,etc, which gender gets a harder time and why do you think so?
jerrica jerrica 41-45, F 22 Answers Oct 9, 2008

Women, hands down.

Best Answer

Women. I get made fun of constantly for being ugly, barely have any friends at all because of it... <br />
But I see a lot of men who aren't unattractive who are very happy with themselves and have plenty of friends, girlfriends. <br />
Women are harsh on women who are ugly and so are men. It's like it's expected that a woman has to be beautiful or at least cute. If not, she is shunned by society. I am living proof of that.

Best Answer

In general I think we're harder on women. Men can be quirky and still have a boat load of options. Quirky on women doesn't play as well.<br />
It's also more difficult for women to maintain their looks as they age. Men are allowed to age gracefully and women have to do all kinds of plasitc surgery. Women can't look distinguished, ie: Sean Connery still a Hottie!

Best Answer

Wow, what were you thinking when asking a question like this....<br />
First off, Men are not raised with Barbie dolls. The makeup industry, appearel, self esteem industry is totally geared towards the fairer sex.<br />
Men as a rule are easy. Show up, be there. Thats pretty much all we need. Most men will agree that a few more ounces provide a LOT more bounces.<br />
It is the women, and their forced and inherent insecurities, tha tmake it harder on women.<br />
Heck, I LOVE women of all shapes and sizes.

Best Answer

Definitely harder on women.

Best Answer

Depends on where you are as well. I live in Jersey and women have it hard, but if you go down south men have it worse (IN MY OPINION). I have a friend who lives down south and his physical look kept him from getting a job. Women are more willing to make a change to their look, but men are used to one look (now this is MY opinion).<br />
Sorry I keep saying that. People here tend to call me stupid for my opinion, like I'm telling them how to think.

Best Answer

women no doubt. They have to met a lot more standards then men do when it comes to being flawless. But I still have to say that its tough for men too. Our society places way too much value on physical attractiveness, and less on the things that matter.

Best Answer

women - always have to be perfect when it comes to their physical appearance

Best Answer

OMG!!! Definitely women!! it really sucks being an older woman. The work to maintain is just gruelling. And you need a lot of money for plastic surgery just to look "acceptable".

Best Answer

Society (such as it is) puts more "pressure" on women, but it's very unfair to men. As most men aren't pressured to achieve a certain "look", those that do take the time MUST be gay! As the "out of the ordinary" male subject, I shave full body, try to maintain a slim and fit appearance and dress nice (when I wear clothes!), and am a happily married straight guy... boy, do I get wierd looks, but what the hell, I'm me.

Best Answer

It's equal - it just depends on where you look. Women are exploited more often, but men have more restrictions and fewer "makeover" options to hide their "flaws."

Best Answer

I disagree with shadow.....men dont always choose their mates by looks. I have never been "picky", I just know what I like and what I dont when I see it. I actually never was attracted to "made up" females. I used to get strange looks and comments from other guys because of the women I found attractive. Models, "playboy" centerfolds, beauty pageant contestants....or any woman who tried to emulate them never did much for me. I like women to themselves, to be natural and real. In answer to the question....Women definitely are under alot of scrutiny and pressure, and as a result have self esteem issues and self image issues. But men are also increasingly falling under that entrapment. Merchandisers love to make people feel bad about themselves and fear what other people think about them in order to sell their products. I think it unfair to say that men just "show up". Granted many do, but many of us like to be clean and neat (even if we prefer to be casual and dont go in for style/fashion much). My wife doesnt spend alot of time and money on her appearance...she wears minimal make up and doesnt go for the "girly girl" look. She always looks good even when she is buming around in pajama pants and a t-shirt. Its her personality that really shines, and though she isnt a "perfect 10" physically....she is absolutely GORGEOUS to me.

Best Answer

Definitely women-

Best Answer

I have answered this question while driving:<br />
Men are usually picking their noses.<br />
Women are putting on their make-up.

Best Answer

Women...it's a fact...trust me..I took several Women's Studies classes.. :)

Best Answer

Women mostly. Look at the Muslim women who have to cover themselves from head to toe. Jewish women have strict rules too. There are harder pressures on young girls than young boys, as to how they look too. But I think it is beginning to level off. With more boys taking an interest in their looks. But generally men get away with more look-wise than women.

Best Answer

Actually, women can choose to cover up or not.
Covering up is saying that they have the right not to expose themselves to anyone except their husband and children.
This is a common misconception that they cover up because they are being oppressed.
Modern Islam recognizes that the degree to which a women wants to cover up her body is her choice. Many wish to follow true Islam as much as possible, and so they feel they should cover everything.

Best Answer

Women. Women are used to sell everything from cars, toothpaste, and kitchen appliances to health & fitness products, cosmetics, and soap.

Best Answer