PicturesOfABetterLife PicturesOfABetterLife 31-35, M 8 Answers Jun 12, 2012

What's so funny about this is that Fox is pretty much the only station right now NOT just re-broadcasting the governments view of events but actually creating a dialogue and exposing corruption.

The people who call Fox watchers "sheeple" are the ones advocating that only one side of the argument - the governments side - gets broadcast. How funny and slightly pathetic is that?

Best Answer

Well I guess you are partly right since there is a Democrat in the Whitehouse. After all Fox just repeats GOP propaganda. That should be so surprise since Roger Ailes originally pitched the idea for Fox to Richard Nixon as GOP TV.

Best Answer

Mystic - And MSNBC, CBS, ABC and NBC - all news departments with deep connections to the democratic party - regurgitate the democratic talking points. It's not perfect - but at least two sides are represented.

Best Answer

Excellant!......Only stations I watch are LINK and FSTV

Best Answer

you see Ambivilent - that's just as bad as watching only Fox. The trick is to watch it all - get all sides of the story- and then make a decision. Every station has an agenda. Watch one and you become that agenda. Watch them all and you start realizing that they all have some good and bad points.

Best Answer

What made Americans stupid is their educational system and what made their educational system so bad is that they embraced Frankfurt School ideas whole sale.

Best Answer

So the findings that Fox viewers are less well informed about current events then people who watch other networks or no news at all is one big coincidence?

Best Answer

It's the logical outcome of an education system like America's. Fox News is the symptom, not the cause; Fox only survives because there are so many really badly educated people in America; it's not the cause of that bad education.

Best Answer

The finding that Fox news readers are less well informed - if you actually read the report - mostly comes from the fact that there are so many more of them than most other station. (Broader demographics will tend to do that.) Also, if you read the study, you'll find that there is another group less informed and that is people who get their news primarily from John Stewart and the Daily show - and unfortunately there are a lot of those.

Best Answer

Not even suprised by that; I bet the conclusion of teh study says all that and whoever reported it just ignored it.

Best Answer

In every study I have read Conservatives come out as being better informed than liberals.

Best Answer

Of course, being leftist isn't about being informed, it's about being emotional.

Best Answer

No one fixes the news like Fox fixes it.

Best Answer

Gawd - that would be awful. Fox news listeners are the most lumpishly stupid creatures that they make slime molds appear intelligent.

Best Answer

I have to agree. Unfortunately the guy who created the network specifically pitched it as the "Fox News of the North."

Best Answer

No. Canadians aren't stupid.

Best Answer

Glad you think so, but when the founder pitched it as "Fox News of the North" that scared me and from what I have seen of their programming it makes me wonder if there is a second nation called Canada.

Best Answer

The reason that liberals don't like Fox seems to be that fox shines a light on them exposing things that they would rather keep hidden, You can always tell how effective and how close to the truth someone or thing is by how fervently the liberals despise them or it.

It is not that Fox lies that sends the liberals into a tizzy, it is that Fox reports the facts, without a liberal spin.

Best Answer

You are entitled to your opinion but it certainly is not supported by fact. In fact any basic fact checking proves the opposite. But then anyone who loves Fox should know enough about it to know it was never intended to be a real news network anyway and was designed from Roger Ailes' first pitch as a propaganda machine for the GOP and nothing more. And I know for a fact from their reporting on Canda (as rare as it is) that they will never let reality get in the way of good right wing spin.

Best Answer

I think it will try its best to,as will any ruling elite owned media sources.

Best Answer