babyluv4u778 babyluv4u778 18-21, F 22 Answers Aug 23, 2012 in Community

I fell in love, married him, and now we have a 2 year old. <br />
I think it's possible - but you both have to be serious about it.

Best Answer

Falling in love is a misconception as all it amounts to is infatuation and lust. Real love involves putting the needs of others before your own. Most adults don't even have this figured out. If you've only known each other for a week or two you're not in love. Love takes time and effort to cultivate, infatuation and lust pop up like a flame and die just as quickly.<br />
That being said, yes, teenagers can fall in love, but they need to decipher between love and infatuation. Love means to deliberately and sacrificially commit to the other (even after the infatuation is gone) and takes time to nurture, while falling "in love" or infatuation equates to a passive, quivering mass of good feelings that is self centered that never lasts and never fulfills our needs.<br />
Love forgives and overlooks the faults of others, while infatuation ignores them completely. Anytime I hear someone say "they aren't the person I thought they were" I know they were infatuated because the warning signs were all there, they just ignored them. Love seeks to know more about the person they are in a relationship with while infatuation is content knowing as little as possible.<br />
Those are just some of the differences. I have experienced this in my own life so I'm not just pulling this out of thin air. Take time to nurture love and get to know them before anything else. And also, the sooner one of you says "I love you" and the sooner physical contact starts, the more likely it's infatuation. Just because something "feels" right doesn't mean it is right. If you take the time to sacrificially commit to the other you'll know they love you without even saying it and as trust builds physical contact will gradually enter the relationship as it becomes appropriate.<br />
Teenagers can experience real love in relationships, they just have to do it the right way. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

As I recall, it sure felt like love. Pounding heart, sweaty palms, butterflies, all that stuff.

Best Answer

Can most teenagers fall in love? No<br />
Can teenagers fall in love? If they're more mature than most

Best Answer

they seem to fall the hardest.

Best Answer

They can. They not to young.

Best Answer

Yes they can fall in love, however, they need to decipher if it's hormones or love. Also they are usually not mature enough or have enough skills to be able to have a long term healthy relationship with the same person. But there is always the exception to the rule. Just look at is as a learning experience and practice and don't get married as a teen.

Best Answer

Depends on the teenager

Best Answer

Yes.! lol im 16 and i dated this one guy for 3 years and we were in love...but love dosent last very long..

Best Answer

are you still together?

Best Answer

I WA IN LOVE AT 15 - 16 -17 LOVE IS LOVE--PERMANENT? PROBABLY NOT---BUT ENJOY IT AND DON'T THINK IT'S FOREVER. IT'S AS TRUE AS LOVE CAN BE AT THAT AGE

Best Answer

i think they can, i fell in love with someone when i was 17 and he was 19- i still love that guy and it's never changed after a few years

Best Answer

they can think and feel that they are in love.. but they are too young to really and truly be in love..

Best Answer

I disagree

Best Answer

I don't think so

Best Answer

no they can fall in love.....but just need to keep everything in perspective.

Best Answer

Too damn young.

Best Answer