im still trying to figure out who i am and everything. what were you like when you were 17? were you any different? this is the most mature ive ever been (because well, its the oldest ive ever lived) so personal stories would help a lot :)
tryingtokeepmyheaduphigh tryingtokeepmyheaduphigh 18-21, F 19 Answers Dec 24, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Yes, for many seventeen year-olds it probably is. But in my opinion that's a good thing. I remember being full of unbounded optimism and sense of possibility. There were so many new things to learn and get excited about.<br />
I work with young people these days and when I see what some of them have had to live through at their young age I shake my head and realize how much the world has changed since I was that age. <br />
As long as you can be kind and keep arrogance and callowness in check, hang on to your youth, wonder and naivete as long as you can.

Best Answer

Very young? Yes. Naivety isn't that bad though. You can only learn so much at once.<br />
I was alright at 17, although I was never a particularly happy teenager. I was VERY different than I am now. I was far more immature about a lot of things, very socially awkward, and not a particularly hard worker at anything. Nowadays at 32 I'm far happier and more secure in myself. <br />
The fun thing about becoming an adult is that you have no idea what it will bring. At all. People always end up as different people doing different things than they expect.

Best Answer

being 17 is young being naive is nothing wrong with it .... You still have many life experiences ahead off you. Finding who you are shows allot of mature thinking and not so naive

Best Answer

Yes, 17 is a very young and naive age. It doesn't feel like it though. It's a great time to be alive and 17... just be sure to keep listening to elders, keep in mind they remember what it's like to be there and know what kind of decisions and mistakes are right before your eyes. And they often know the correct answers to the puzzles you are facing.

Best Answer

Yes ....& EVERYONE can b on occasion

Best Answer

I'm naive in a way when I was 17,but just sometimes.We need to be mature in some situations.

Best Answer

Hell no! At 17, there's only boobs and booze for me.xD<br />
At 26 now, I am still pondering over my interest and future. You're quite mature at your age as not every one at 17 would be blessed with such reflection.

Best Answer

Yes.If one mixes around with friends with different background & age group, then one wouldn't be too naive ;)

Best Answer

Nope. Age is just a number, only the experiences count.

Best Answer

Age really doesn't matter. It's all about developing your own experiences and thoughts. I often have a more enjoyable time talking to someone who is 17 than my own age (30). It seems that the older people get, the more certitudes they have. Stay young in your head, stay open-minded.

Best Answer

Yes, not to try and say anything bad about you or any other teen. You just have a lot of learning and growing to do. Hell I still have a lot of learning and growing to do myself. I'm 27 but even that is still pretty young.

Best Answer

It's when the door begins to open to the adult world, sometimes it's not wise to go rushing through it.

Best Answer

While you are living it, you are mature and smart and know all you need to know about the world. 20 years later, you know different.

Best Answer

Never too young for the perverted pope!

Best Answer

I was scared of going to college, not really scared of who I am or trying to figure it out..I knew who I was much earlier than that and have hated it ever since.

Best Answer