Some say that we cause bad on ourselves. And lets not even talk about being tormented in fire and brimestone for eternity. There is so much I could say. But the Bible says that God is angry with the wicked everyday. What does that mean to you ? And does he punish us for our sins.........
zonus zonus 31-35, M 22 Answers Feb 19, 2010

What if God is a part of all living things,and is right there with each of us to experience our every waking moment and thought, the life force. On that scale If you do something that he wouldn't approve of, I think the karma scale is equalized in some fashion down the road. What you hate in others you find the same faults in yourself, make peace with yourself, negativity is attracted to you like a magnet. Instead view things in a positive light as much as possible. Bad things that happen are only bumps in the road of life. You can minumize the effect of bad people by taking pro-active control of your life,i.e. refuse to be a victim. Police your family's environment and children's friends, don't be afraid to say no. God gave you intelligence and free will so use it.

Best Answer

No, I dont think a god lives in the clouds , hovering over a crystal ball, controling and watching everything and everyone. i think "god" is beyond our comprehension.

Best Answer

I don't think that God punishes people when they do bad things. God gave us a choice to be a part of his family or not. If we choose to be part of his family and accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour then, if we do anything wrong outside of his will he will chastise us like a parent does a child. If we are not part of his family then we are left to our own mindset. :)

Best Answer

God disciplines to wake us up. If you believe you are a child of God and you follow his word then he will help you keep on the straight and narrow by giving you some wake up calls, a little discipline. Just like we discipline our own children to teach them right from wrong. And I'm not talking about destroy and conquer type stuff.

Best Answer

There are some really good answers to this question, so I hope you read them all, even if the question is closed. For me the answer is that yes, God does "punish" people when they do bad things, but only by increasing their distance from Him when they pass away. Imagine spending eternity in the freezer when the good guys are basking in the warmth of God's love? Dante had it wrong.

Best Answer

I think God punishes everyone. I don't know what those little children did to get those kind of cancers or to be molested by pedophiles like that but they must have been very evil little kids. All those bad people sitting in prison, getting their 3 hot meals a day and cable televison with a roof over their heads, sure are getting their just deserts! Afterall, the homeless families sure did something wrong to end up where they are and getting what they deserve.

Best Answer

No, God doesn't punish people when they do bad things!<br />
If that were the case, we'd have no need for prisons, or wars.<br />
The wrong deeds of man are ultimately dealt with by society's need to police and correct itself.<br />
God will have his say when life has ended. I believe we will be allowed to be drawn to his light if we have light in us, if not, we will turn away from him and exist eternally in darkness.

Best Answer

Because of the sacrifice of Christ, God sees only the righteousness of Christ when He looks at us. Our sin has been nailed to the cross with Jesus, and we will never be punished for it.

Best Answer

No god doesn't. Look around at the people who do evil for most of their lives. What about those who convince others to kill in the name of religion? If these people are to be punished in this life then other people must be the instrument of their punishment.

Best Answer

I’ve read the point that God punishes good people when they do something wrong. Doing this way He points people that they were wrong and makes them think about wrong action they did. He doesn’t punish bad people because he turns away from them. I used to think this point was right.<br />
But now I know that He is waiting until people realize their mistakes and every person pays for his or her mistake. Sooner or later…

Best Answer

Even if there was a god, he clearly gives a sh** whats going on down here on Earth.<br />
The truly evil, those who bring pain and suffering apon millions of people, are not punished. The live the glory lives of kings and other leaders of countries. Eventually they get killed in the end, but what a live they had before that... and everybody dies in the end... thats not punishment.

Best Answer

i have seen a lot of bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. <br />
if...god lives inside each of us, and we do not realize the power that means we have. then it makes sense that we, as humans...faulty, broken, barely functional humans, sometimes make mistakes. sometimes things jsut happen too. i dont believe god punishes. i think, suffering is a state of mind, a perspective and sometimes irrisistible due to circumstance. I dont think its punishment, i think its opportunity to adapt and learn, sometimes in a very hard way.

Best Answer

No. What about innocent children who are abused or murdered? What are they being punished for?

Best Answer