I've read Leviticus 19:28, but it seemed to me that the verse was speaking on tattoos with occult influence/purpose. Maybe I'm just trying to justify this... what's your opinion?
OblitusAuri OblitusAuri 18-21, F 39 Answers Jan 4, 2012

THE BIBLE HAS BEEN WRITTEN AND RE WRITTEN AND THEN GIVEN TO COUNTLESS KINGS TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT VERSES SERVE THERE PURPOSE AND WHICH DON'T,THE VERSES THAT DIDN'T FIT THERE CRITERIA WERE CHANGED TO REFLECT THERE VIEWS OR TAKEN OUT COMPLETELY...THE BIBLE IS A STORY A SET OF PRINCIPLES THAT OTHERS WANT SOCIETY TO LIVE BY DICTATED BY GOD KNOWS HOW MANY PEOPLE

DO YOU THINK GOD CARES IF YOU GET A TATTOO?? DOSE A TATTOO MEAN YOUR A EVIL OR BAD PERSON? WILL IT CHANGE YOUR VALUES? DO YOU THINK GOD WOULD BAR YOUR ENTRANCE TO HEAVEN BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BUTTERFLY ON YOUR ANKLE?

Best Answer

Lmbo, that's not exactly what I meant.... I was more wondering if it was morally wrong because the bible mentions its occult-oriented background. That's like asking me if I think God would send me to hell for reading my daily horoscope, when the bible clearly stands against trusting astrology.

Best Answer

Amen brother, amen

Best Answer

TESTIFY

Best Answer

Not really dear lol. Just replying. Your comment wasn't all too helpful in answering my question, ya' know.

Best Answer

It will be helpful if you allow yourself to consider it. Do you really want to give all your love to a diety that doesn't allow you an open mind? Don't worry, I also was once a Christan.

Best Answer

Hon you made the statement about relevance on your chosen answer...I think you may need to look up the definition of that word because basically every response you got was relevant....you just didn't like the answer. why ask a question if you only want validation that your opinion is rite??? and then on top of that act disparaging to those that answered ,you come off as extremely unintelligent and close minded.plus,you don't exactly make a good impression on those looking at you as a example of what a Christian is....I know I'm not impressed doll face

Best Answer

Chill OsageBetty, one insult at a time please... lol. First off- no, your answer wasn't relevant to my question. I wasn't asking for your personal stance on the bible, which was the main focus of your post. I was asking for an in-depth look at the meaning of the verse speaking against marking the body. You didn't mention Leviticus once. Secondly, I'm also not asking this question to impress others with my perfect model of a Christian, as I'm not one...? I’m simply studying the bible, as I do with MANY old religious texts. Furthermore, calling me "tard" and such doesn't exactly win you the friendly award.

Best Answer

Oh, and for your information- MY opinion is that tattoos are harmless, hence why I said "maybe I'm just trying to justify this". I wasn't looking for validation, I was looking for personal opinions on the meaning of the verse & how it relates to the Christian faith.

Best Answer

winning people to Christ is the number one job of all Christians and you stated it yourself on one of your comments second these aren't my personal opinions these are what we like to call facts and at no point did I give any of my personal opinions,in fact I asked you yours. thirdly seeing that this was about the bible and tattoo's it is on topic...just because I never said the name Leviticus doesn't means it's off topic,it just means I didn't reference it lmao

Best Answer

Where did I say I was trying to "win souls for Christ"? You HAVE to show me (although you cant, because it doesn't exist). "The bible is a story"- um, definitely a personal opinion. And you call ME closed-minded and unintelligent... right. No, you weren't asking mine, you were basically saying "it's dumb to think that God wouldn't allow you to enter heaven because of a butterfly on your ankle". You put a question mark after it, but that doesn't make it a question. In fact, all you did was assume that I was some close-minded Christian trying to verify my personal beliefs while converting people. And it is very off-topic, not because you didn't write Leviticus- because you weren't discussing the VERSE in Leviticus. Geeeeeeezzzzz.

Best Answer

Funny what people pick and choose from the scriptures---Leviticus was a Jewish holy man and his writings were based on ancient Jewish law (keeping kosher, no pork, no shrimp, no cotton, offering burnt sacrifices, etc) as well as basic instruction about keeping oneself pure til marriage and women, submitting to your husbands. Unless you're concerned about upholding ALL of these things (and others), worrying about one or two would be pointless.

Best Answer

Well that's my whole point... I never dismissed the other things mentioned. I was simply asking about this one in particular because tattooing and tattoos are a major part of modern culture. But thanks for the original response.

Best Answer

best answer right here!

Best Answer

Submitting to our husbands? Sheesh... I wouldn't last two days in a church.

Best Answer

Tattoo is almost always using images of occults, such as the butterfly, it's a symbol that reinforce the DID (dissociative identity disorder) mind controlled victim (a form of hypnotism), and God knows about the bunch of pics depicting skull, demons, dragon, chains, and so on. They are symbolize occult, demons, bondages, curses of some sorts.

If God finally gives you the best man for your life, and you guys see each other's naked body, and the tattoo is no longer representing you, wouldn't you regret it. Most men love an unblemished woman's body. Natural and healthy.

Sorry I know I am not out of my solitary confinement yet but I still have to give you some moral support.

Best Answer

Google the book on Illuminati Mind Control I recommended to u earlier, or Google the CIA Monarch Project MKUltra Mind Control and u will learn about the butterfly symbol and what it means

Best Answer

You're not in confinement any longer haha, I miss you too much, and yeah, I need some good advice from someone with wisdom on the background of this subject. So are you saying that ALL tattoos are a representation of the occult, even if their purpose/meaning is pure? Not trying to question or shake your faith by any means! Just curious and hoping for elaboration. :)

Best Answer

:D Good I feel so free this moment. I can breath again! So, even if you have a tattoo that is innocent, (it's very rarely, b/c animal, angels,plants, and symbols are all linked to idolatry, demons, occults), the meaning of the tattoo only represent a tiny part of yourself, and as our mind transform "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2, we will soon find that something in our past no longer relevant, and what if that day happens to one or more of your tattoos? They are hard to erase.

Best Answer

Morals and religion aren't quite the same thing.

Leviticus is full of stuff that the X-tians ignore because it's old testament. For example, a quick check on google points out that the previous chapter prohibits weaving linen with wool. If you're gonna follow one, u gotta follow the other, right? Can't cherry-pick your rules, now, can ya?

Who's in charge of shunning and value judgements in your coven? If you can get him to give you permission or sell you a dispensation, you won't have to worry about it.

Best Answer

YES YES YES! Exactly. You summed er up perfect.

Best Answer

Some christians would say it is wrong as it is destroying the body god gave us.

However, I know a lot of christians with tattoos. This maybe because they had a tattoo before they became christian, I do not know. But God is forgiving :)

Best Answer

Very true! :)

Best Answer

this isnt really an answer but

Best Answer

Lol- I suddenly understand everything there ever was to know... thank you wise sir! :) hehe. :)

Best Answer

I would have to say that it's only morally wrong to be a christian.

Best Answer

Why would God cared if God got a tatoo? We create that's what we do. If you think it's wrong then it's wrong if not then it isn't. That is the nature of God, that is the nature of you. That is the beauty.

Namaste...

Best Answer

Nice...

Best Answer

I think it would probably depend on the type of tattoo. It wouldn't look too good if you called yourself a Christian and you had a devil tattooed somewhere.

Best Answer

Lol, true!

Best Answer

This question is morally retarded

Best Answer

Lol- so why waste your time in responding, again...? >.>

Best Answer

specifically, it refers to not cutting your flesh, or marking it , FOR THE DEAD. So, it would all depend on what you get, and why you get it. A person who wants to live scripturaly would not get a marking to commemorate the dead, or a pagan deity. If God asked me to get a tattoo of a menorah, , I'd do it.

by the way...crosses are pagan symbols. if you get one of those you'll get an unclean spirit to go with it.

Best Answer

May I ask for an elaboration on why crosses are pagan? I think I have an idea of what you mean by that, but just want to be sure. :)

Best Answer

the cross symbol originated from Babylonian sun god worship. Crosses were not used at the time of the true Messiahs crucifiction, stakes were. Constantine,Emperor of Rome, was a sun worshiper who claimed to be converted to Christianity, ( Catholism ) but he brought Paganizim into the churches He brought in their symbols, their holidays, sunday worship...I could go on. all of which is clearly commanded not to do in scripture. therefore it is the symbol of the false messiah. Read the book " The two Babylons".

Best Answer

I think there's no reason for your "god" to look down upon tattoos. I also think any religion centered around a supernatural deity is in some way a form of mass manipulation and mental illness. If your god holds you down, is he really a god? To me that makes no sense. Religion equals fear , fear equals conformity... its all about government .. someone figured this out about two thousand years ago and thought "man, that's a pretty slick way to make people obey my will" and fooled almost the entire earth. WE ARE ALL OUR OWN GODS. think of how much better this planet would be if that one stuck first. Religion seems to be ******* with you like it does almost everyone else. Trust me, you would be happier and better off without it. It's for the weak.

Best Answer

I hate doing this, but I'm gonna have to send you a typical reply dear. Please forgive me in advance lol. I wouldn't say that got "holds" us down; he directs us. Being his own creation, he knows what's best for us. Sometimes what we want contradicts what would actually benefit us in the end, and so, he made rules for beneficial direction. So... yes, I'm sorry, had to say it! :)

Best Answer

God, not got* haha.

Best Answer

Youre so pretty to be so messed up... :( but do what makes whole I guess... and one more thing...where's my typo? I reread my post twice and all I see is god.

Best Answer

It's best for you to live by someone else's will and not do what you want for fear of eternal suffering? If you have no morals maybe.. just sounds like slavery to me. I almost hope there is a hell so when I die ill have an eye opener. Now that would be the ultimate last laugh for "god" the sick ****. lol

Best Answer

Lol, not your typo, mine! :) And I appreciate it... but I dont think I'm messed up haha. I'm not necessarily Christian, but I do see a lot of wisdom in the bible and I believe in a higher power, but I'm open to all view points. :)

Best Answer

Oh, Jesus.

Best Answer

itsGilly- Oh Jesus? What side are you on? haha... the irony.

Best Answer

Oh, no... I dont take interest in the bible because I am in fear of eternal suffering. I just know as everyone else does that there is right and wrong in life, and the bible is of interest because it attempts to define the line between the two.

Best Answer

you are a tard...how is this not relevant? why don't you tell us what your "rite" answer is and save us all a lot of time

Best Answer

Where did I say that his answer wasn't relevant? Just because I disagree with him, that doesn't mean I automatically dismiss his viewpoint. And I chose my answer yesterday. Cheers.

Best Answer

good question i want one to i want a cross.

Best Answer

I have a tattoo, one I got even though I am Christian. Its a tattoo of a wolf, many would claim rightly that its a symbol used by the occult. However the reasoning behind why I got it has nothing to do with the occult.

A tattoo itself is not morally wrong for a Christian to have or get. However the image depicted and the reason you want it could definitely be immoral.

Getting an image of the devil on you is totally wrong, unless the image also shows God kicking the crap out of him. lol

Getting an image of a butterfly could signify being reborn and is therefore expectable. Yes some may say it represents the occult, but for you the meaning and representation would be totally different.

Tattoos are for the most part permanent so is it something you will still want 10 years from now. If the answer is yes and your reason for getting it is a pure one. Then go for it.

Best Answer

To some people their tattoo is a sign of faith.

Best Answer

True, true. :)

Best Answer

Stop trying to behave as a Christian, and start behaving as a human being capable of independent thought :)

Best Answer

Lol... I'm not trying to behave as a Christian, love. I'm simply asking the meaning of a bible verse while I study it. But thanks for the advice.

Best Answer

I meant no disrespect. But I do want to add that there are so many other spiritual paths, a huge wealth of scientific information and other methods of discovery right here on the internets. So please, do not limit your self to just one belief and one type of thought process. Study as much information as you can, then maybe work on the bible and see how it makes you feel.

Best Answer

Of course not, my #1 mantra is to keep an open mind. And no worries, I felt no disrespect, just a personal stance. :) Thanks.

Best Answer

That is great. Just don't be afraid to question anything.

Best Answer

its wrong and so is sex before marriage..

Best Answer

You're fun.

Best Answer

And, so is shrimp !

Best Answer

LMFAO!

Best Answer

What? SEX before marriage is wrong. My pastor will go to hell with me. LOL

Best Answer

I say tattoos are for everybody who wants them.

If God is going to judge that person, I'm sure there are many worse things that person has done.

Best Answer

it says somewhere in the bible...not to mark your skin.

Morally wrong? the bible is full of contradictions.

Best Answer

no its not wrong

Best Answer