mylitlbratz mylitlbratz 36-40 17 Answers Sep 11, 2008

bad system, it all political and how much money to got or if the judge is up for election or not. we have more people in jail then any country in the world of 3million and growing, It is a business, not justice.. Plus we still kill people. Yet they say murder is terrible yet we sentence people to death. A whole new and fair system is needed. I feel; don't jail people like animals at all. Rather separate them from society on an island, and circle the island with boats so they cant escape and let them live among other like themselves, It would save billions of tax dollars and they could live out their life with their own kind. We have island like this all over the world that could be used for this. The cost with be very small, and it is the human thing to do, There are tons of innocent people in jail right now who were judge wrong, What a sin when we only have one life to be caged like a dog, the present systems sucks. To be a judge is a terrible job, they are not god but they act like it .

Best Answer

no it not that's why we gotta change it to make this world a better place!!

Best Answer

Firstly, the criminal justice system isn't fair because when you're tried for a crime the result depends on how much you can pay your lawyer, not whether you're guilty or innocent.<br />
The sentences aren't fair either, they depend on how many jail cells are available, what mood the judge is in when he passes sentence, and your sex and skin colour.

Best Answer

I don't think the question is really about whether or not our system and sentences are fair so much as whether or not they're fair 100% of the time. The answer to that is a resounding no. There are certainly huge flaws in the justice system and not every punishment fits the crime. However, while I concede that our justice system needs improvement, you will be hard-pressed to find a justice system that works the way that it's supposed to 100% of the time. That would be perfection and, as we all know, perfection (at least in terms of people and people-run things) is impossible.

Best Answer

NO!!! The judiclal system is and never will be fair. you and I will commit the same crime and you will get probation and I will get 3 years. Is that fair? the 3 strikes was rejected in Connecticut because it gave the lawyers not to much leverage on the plea bargains. Lawyers sometimes deal within themselves and if your from the same district they wheel and deal with their friend the prosecutor. Sentences for minor crimes are to intense and there are not enough prisons to hold these people . prisoners are sleeping in cardboard boxes on the floor of the jails because there are not enough beds. The probation system is overloaded and they do not have enough time o keep up on their cases. the whole system has gone bad. Lawyers are trying to make names for themselves by hanging any thing that comes to them and prosecutors are becoming hanging judges. There is NO JUSTICE and there wont be until the LORD sets it right.

Best Answer

It defintly is flawed. Dad's girlfriend, a co-worker of her's is going through a speration. Her husband is an alcoholic. He's been in theropy, so, she alows him to see the kids. One day he came over to cut the grass and pick up the kids. But when he got there, he had been drinking a little. She started arguing with him "no no, we don't want you while you're drinking" it got heated, and she eventuly threw a water bottle at him. Well, he got pissed off, and just beat this s*** out of her, right in front of the kids. Broke ribs, nose, and so much damage. BUT, she gets charged to asault, not him, because she threw the water bottle first.

Best Answer

Hell No.

Best Answer

On the whole...NO, though it is sometimes. It depends on the crime & the situation, really. Unfortunately, there are ppl who commit horrible crimes & get virtually no punishment at all, whereas others get incredibly harsh sentences for very petty crimes. It also, unfortunately, depends upon your status in society. Poor ppl get judged MUCH more harshly in the legal system ( not to mention all other areas of life) than those who have higher incomes &/or are celebrities. Ppl like O.J. Simpson & Michael Jackson commit heinous crimes & get not even a slap on the wrist, & the nameless guy down the street will spend yrs in prison for something very minor or even something he didn't do. Another problem w/ the justice system is race. A black person & a white person will commit the same exact crime, but the black person will nearly ALWAYS get a harsher sentence. For some reason this even seems to happen when the judge him/herself is black. I could go on & on & on bc there's so much more I could say on this subject.

Best Answer

Our criminal justice is fair if you are male, white, and earn over $1,000,000 a year. If you don't fall into this category, you're on your own.

Best Answer

no. i think they need to rethink the whole system. like when they put guys in prison, its like a training camp for crime and how to be better at it and make every one turn into a racist.

Best Answer

ABSOLUTELY NOT to both parts of your question. If you want to know my opinions further you may them read here:http://www.experienceproject.com/uw.php?e=210204

Best Answer

NO!!! our justice system is a dog and pony show. Sentences are dealt by whether someone likes you or not and by personal grudges or whether you are a stool pigeon

Best Answer

I do not feel the criminal justice system is fair. I firmly believe that "Justice prevails... four times out of seven," which means that for every 4 criminals who get what they deserve, there are 3 people who become victims of a flawed system. Our criminal justice system is nothing more than a politically-driven business. The criminal justice system is the reason I now consider suicide a viable option. I'll never vote or be selected to serve on a jury again. I want nothing to do with the government. I may have broken the law, but I didn't deserve the sentence I received. I hate myself so much now I feel like living is just a waste of time. My advice: "Don't trust the criminal justice system - It Is Flawed."

Best Answer

The man who killed my father in cold blood was convicted of murder in the first degree and served FOUR YEARS. I've had friends get 40 to life for selling drugs. So, to answer your questions, NO!

Best Answer

On the CNN news ticker, two stories followed one another just like this.<br />
"Man found trading child *********** gets 30 years in prison. Convicted murder gets 15 years."<br />
Not saying I support either cause, but think about it. One man is TRADING kiddy ****, not actually hurting anyone himself (still dont condone it), the other ENDED A LIFE.<br />
Think about it.

Best Answer