to an extent. for you 13-15.... YES..

Best Answer

agreed

Best Answer

My parents never censored any of my music, and I turned out just fine. I was a virgin til age 19, never got in trouble at school or with the law, and I am a decent person who is kind and artistic. If you teach your kids by example how to live good and moral lives, you won't have to worry about something else influencing them, especially music.

Best Answer

Psychologists' experiments have shown that playing classical music to babies in the womb and up to two years of age significantly increases their future intelligence.<br />
Playing baroque music at any any while reading or studying increases the quality of attention to and retention of the subject... or any music with 60 beats per minute.<br />
Any sound at 80 decibels or loader sustained for 15 minutes or longer will cause hearing damage.<br />
A safe volume is at the loudness of normal human speech.<br />
Too much control of anything in a child's life can have negative impact, except for care to avoid serious danger.

Best Answer

Never. Let your children's musical tastes express who they actually are. The more a parent engages in such pettiness, the more the child will resent you and want to rebel against you. Save your moral indignation for things that actually matter in the long run.

Best Answer

Omg....Nonononono~<br />
I don't think parents should. Parents can control their children in so many other aspects for example clothes, food, friends, behaviour, education etc. It's countless actually. Not that I am comlaining. I think parents have the right to do that.<br />
But music! It's the only medium for their children to express their feelings without barriers. It's the only thing I think parents shouldn't be bothered about to control. Children should be allowed to listen to whatever they like and enjoy music for its worth.

Best Answer

Within your own Home YES! But when kids go out, its no longer in your control, which is a shame because most of todays music is Crap.

Best Answer

Control would be too harsh a word to use, but I would say that parents should keep a close eye on what their children are listening to. Especially those in their early teens who are only just learning about what the world is made of.<br />
Music is good yes and children should be entitiled to listen to what they feel suits their tastes the best as in this stage, the adoloescent is just starting to discover who they are as individuals, but parents should pay attention to what it is that their child is listening to and inquire on what and why they are listening to and who/what they are listening to. <br />
Ask them about the artist(s), and explain to them about the hidden dangers in music, the backmasking, the meaning of certain lyrics in the song and how music affects the subconscious and thinking. Encourage them to do some research on their favourite bands or artists to find out more information about them. In fact, parents should do some research of their own on this. Once the child is fully aware of what they are going to listen to, then I think it should be okay. As long as they are eqquipped with the correct information.

Best Answer

My mum bought me up listening to indie rock and for that I thank her so that I didn't fall into the dull group of people listening to pop and r'n'b but she never controlled my music tastes and for that I am thankful because nowadays I have the widest music taste out of anyone I know...for example my ipod contains the like of cha cha slide (to my eternal guilty shame) and industrial german heavy metal and of course my good old indie rock XD

Best Answer

I think they should because music has a strong influence on impressionable minds.

Best Answer

To a point. I wouldn't want my daughter listening to stuff with swearing or sex/violence in until she's a lot older.

Best Answer

Not really because some do educate very well and i believe what parents want from thier wards is for them to study

Best Answer

unless the music is about killing, rape, or other violence than no

Best Answer

LMFAO Fat chance of that ever happening.

Best Answer

Not normally.<br />
Only your parents and a few others should.

Best Answer