sunatdawn214 sunatdawn214 16-17, F 12 Answers Feb 12 in Health

Nope. I need proof of these claims or else its all horse ****.

Best Answer

No, most families do not inbreed.

Best Answer

But many people used to marry their cousins for centuries. People don't do it anymore because it is incestuous. I thought of this idea earlier today and found it an interesting possibility

Best Answer

It that were true, the problem would have been worse back then.

Best Answer

But excessive inbreeding caused people to carry the genes...I really think it's possible. So-called "idiocy" was researched in the 1800s and was found to be a cause of consanguineous unions.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

vaccines

Best Answer

Nope, I feel as if they were always around but the communication boom has made the world smaller and things like that are now more easily seen.

Best Answer

Inbreeding, chemicals, all kinds of medications, but what do we do, man has had to deal with so many things, and in his ignorance of the side effects of many things he has done as he desperately tried to fix those things, has created a whole new set of problems.

Best Answer

And what era are you living in, may I ask? I fear for the world

Best Answer

It was an idea I thought of earlier, and if you think about it, people used to marry/have children with their cousins or distant relatives. ****** is known to cause mental/physical deformities in children; OR, if they seem "healthy" then they would be carriers of more recessive genes than someone born from non-related parents.

Best Answer

A little narrow and general. I think maybe your thinking of royalty and the upper classes from certain other centuries. Many tribal people had/have strict kinship systems. You should probably read a bit more about the science of genes etc

Best Answer

According to Professor Robin Fox of Rutgers University, it is highly likely that 80% of all unions in history were between family members. That doesn't just include royalty; that includes anything before, and even laypeople. I know quite a few things about genetics and heredity (I take a Forensics course and DNA is a thing we have been going over. Plus I learned about it extensively in previous school years), and for you to say that is pretty biased.

Best Answer

Not necessary inbreading. There are all sorts of incompatibilities. For example, some married couples can never have kids with each other, but they could if they slept with other people.

Sometimes a child can end up with a mental disability if too many parents's chromosomes are too similar, or too different or a number of other reasons.

Best Answer

Drugs n booze that you all want legalized....

Best Answer

I think maybe "slow" people are. and the ones with ears that stick way out. There's a small town in Missouri where there's a lot of people with these ears

Best Answer

That makes sense. In a town near the Maine-Quebec border there is a town where nearly everyone is related.

Best Answer

That could be a factor, but I'm sure there are many other contributing factors such as complications during pregnancy and childbirth.

Best Answer

Yes. But if you think about it, many people married their relatives (especially cousins) for centuries. I just thought of this idea today and I found it to be interesting considering that people who have inbred in the past may have had children who had mutated or recessive genes to pass on (like the gene for Down syndrome)

Best Answer

It was probably a much bigger cause in those days than it is now, when we have laws against inbreeding.

Best Answer

Yeah, that makes sense. But something like Down syndrome was not first recognized until 1862, when John Langdon Down first characterized the disorder.

Best Answer