cooney55 cooney55 51-55, M 8 Answers Dec 13, 2012 in Hobbies

Not anymore than GTA encourages people to kill hookers to get their money back ;-)

Best Answer

AMAZING RESPONSE!!!!!!

Best Answer

No, first person shooters are what STOP me going on a massive ****-Off rampage.

Best Answer

Not at all...In fact playing Black Ops keeps me from shooting irritating motorists every day!

Best Answer

I hear that, but I really mean the young ones, who maybe can't make the distinction, and grow up thinking all disputes should be handled with a .45.

Best Answer

I didn't let my son play any "shooter" games until I thought he was old enough to play it responsibly and not take the inherent violence as acceptable in real society

Best Answer

Good man. I played with cap guns as a kid, and never confused play with real.

Best Answer

Wait, I thought it was rock and roll? And pool halls? And telephones? And novels?

Best Answer

No, I don't. I played Call of Duty for several years with thousands of people. If anything, it encourages misogynous behavior. "Mass murder" = the person (often dealing with serious side effects of dangerous pharmaceuticals, or otherwise mentally unstable or ill) is already predisposed to this behavior and it doesn't matter how they engage themselves beforehand - every engagement is likely to encourage their violence in some way.

Best Answer

Blaming the symptom instead of the cause again. *sigh*

Best Answer

If you mean the availability of guns in this country, that's like saying that unwed motherhood is caused by the proliferation of cars with back seats. Guns are just a tool. A baseball bat is just as deadly. But there aren't that many kids playing baseball anymore. :-/

Best Answer

The problem is in brains, not things.

Best Answer

I agree. Or more accurately in my opinion, values. Those being passed down by today's parents. As morals slide, right and wrong becomes a hazy line, and entitlement prevails. And then there's the kids that are genetically defective, just bat-crap crazy.

Best Answer

Yes, no doubt. Our parents tell us to love our neighbor, but then they go and move on their greed with their money. The children notice the words are not employed, see how the money is and adapt the same survival strategy of their parents. This empty society will value greed until its dying day. Unfortunately, the sun will wait 4 billion years before burning greed from this planet. That is a lot of suffering.

Best Answer