tjschira tjschira 22-25 10 Answers Jan 28, 2013 in Politics

Absolutely not. Look at the lengths women had to go to just to VOTE (in the US anyway), for goodness sake. Nobody would have given them that without a fight and that was less than a hundred years ago. Without a vote we had no say in laws pertaining to our own bodies... and we're still fighting today for bodily autonomy, but I think we're winning despite the last desperate attempts by those duped into thinking they're saving babies' souls.

Best Answer

How far back do you want to go? I would argue that Queen Elizabeth I was probably the first 'modern' feminist.

Best Answer

women liberation started in the 1920's with women s right to vote

Best Answer

Difficult to answer, modern socialism granted much of this anyway. It has cemented more gender roles however as it is now seen differently for a woman to stay at home and care for her children. I would like to say, in some areas, has feminism gone too far?

Best Answer

Which ones specifically? Serving in combat? Or do you have something else in mind?

Best Answer

I say if someone wants to do something let them do it, within reason of course the combat is okay with me. What I mean is and maybe you will not like it is that the average man loses quite a lot here.

Best Answer

I was talking about that with AEther2, about it being perceived as a win-loss equation. I don't think it has to be something where men lose.

Best Answer

It is win/loss I am afraid. Let's say you and your boyfriend get married and have children and for one reason or another things do not work. Who then gets the house? Who gets to live with the children? Statistics show the person who would get the better job if you are working parents is the man. None of this is fair.

Best Answer

It is messed up I am afraid, and not one person wants to deal with it.

Best Answer

Feminism has shut down many rights and opportunities for women that once were enjoyed. For example, a century ago there were hardly any single mothers on welfare by comparison. Very few mothers had to work a day job and the "3rd shift" too. Feminism has harmed many women and cut off opportunities that many women enjoyed.

Best Answer

Unless, of course, you enjoy the right to vote, hold office, hold property, seek legal action against an abusive husband, have sovereignty over your own body, or play sports. In which case it helped you.

Best Answer

Dozer Dan this is by far the silliest comment I've ever seen on this forum. And I've seen some doozies. Before welfare those women were malnourished and so were their children. There were hardly any single mothers because they were forced to stay with men, like it or not, otherwise face the stigma of being a divorcee.

Best Answer

And don't forget that now women are getting the "right" to go to war and come home in body bags, in large numbers. Quite an opportunity.

Best Answer

I'm sure combat veterans would be thrilled that you see their service as the right to come home in body bags, I'll have to ask my bf but I'm pretty sure that's not how he sees it....

Best Answer

In Viet Nam there were 58,000 men killed, and 8 women. Under the new Feminist "opportunities" in the next war that will be more like 30,000 men and 30,000 women killed. Feminism has created so many good opportunities for young women. Got it.

Best Answer

We're not children to be protected by some patriarchal benevolent dictator. You seem to fail to understand that the desire is to be treated as people equally, with the rights and the responsibilities that go along with it. I'd rather be drafted than not be able to vote any day.

Best Answer

Yes, the worst anti-family, anti-men hate law ever passed has expired. It destroyed a million families and hurt millions of men, women, and children for feminist hate. Lets hope Congress has more sense that to re-pass feminist hate.

Best Answer

not all women do have rights and opportunities in some countries women are still treated as property.

Best Answer

But that doesn't mean we haven't been effective, it just means we have more work to do.

Best Answer

sure but I just think people need to be aware that not all women have rights yet the story isn't over.

Best Answer

Absolutely. It's the reason that the fight must go on.

Best Answer