People were born to be bigger weights and some lifestyles are naturally what people desire and usually encompass being fat; why should we decide that they can be over some kind of 'normal'? I mean, why should 'normal' be a standard for everyone?
FunnyLookingCorpse FunnyLookingCorpse 18-21, M 16 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Hobbies

Would that make them feel better? Is that what life is all about, making people feel better no matter what they are like or doing? <br />
What ever happened to reality. Remember those days when a FAT person was FAT. It was not some politically correct wording. People were adults and adults could handle the truth. Today everyone is so worried about offending others that they have created a society of children who cry when someone says something they do not like. <br />
WELL GROW UP ! If you are FAT then you are FAT deal with it or lose weight.

Best Answer

I think the word fat is definitely what should be used. The word should not be such a stigma because it is just a neutral descriptor. It can mean both good and bad, but no one should completely denounce. Still, everyone does.

Best Answer

You are so correct on this. I am also appalled by the people who were trying to get McDonalds shut down because McDonalds made them fat. NO ! THEY made themselves FAT. Not, McDonalds !

Best Answer

As long as you are healthy. It shouldn't. Others opinion shouldn't matter anyway.. As long as we are happy of who we are. Nothing else should.

Best Answer

Sort of, I mean you're overweight if it's negatively impacting your health. I don't think anything else should really be considered overweight though. The BMI scale is wholly inaccurate and outdated, for example.

Best Answer

I think you are right. Your answer kind of makes this look like a stupid question. But you are also right about the inaccuracy of a scale because everyone is different.

Best Answer

It's not a stupid question, the world is entirely based in perception but that's the way I view it.

Best Answer

Overweight is a pretty simple concept everyone has a body mass index you rise above it you're considered overweight. BUT that's only a guideline and indeed there are many overweight people out there that are considered perfectly healthy despite that. So If I think it should exist then yes because there's a fair bit of evidence out there that suggest a trend linking excess weight with many kinds of health problems. What I have a problem with is when it leads to people having self-image problems instead of looking at whether they're actually healthy in general

Best Answer

Great question.It's strange how the overweight are still discriminated against even though their numbers are growing My boss(who was overweight)wouldn't hire a chubby girl to work the front desk since she "didn't project the right image"Nice double standard.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Of course it should exist....the human body is a very complex machine and works most efficiently when weight is "normal". Too much body fat effects many of our systems and causes a lot of health issues. ""Overweight is often used as a superficial cosmetic term, but it's really about overall health and quality of life.

Best Answer

It usually doesn't after 12 beers.<br />
Sorry had to get that one in.

Best Answer

Yes..I think "Ideally" if we lived in a Perfect World Everyone would be healthy..but thats not going to happen.

Best Answer

I am glad we don't live in a world where everyone is a health nut. Sadly, that statement is partly untrue considering that most people think weight loss is necessary

Best Answer

Nope, the concept makes a lot of sense and is fine. I think the discrimination of overweight people shouldn't exist. To and From!

Best Answer

Sorry, can't abide a hater. The fat person who grumpily demands deference for their shape, or the intolerant person who judges them for being that shape. Both in my opinion need an attitude adjustment. We are all God's children. Haters are the real evil, not people of certain size, color, gender, religion or sexual preference. I'm sorry you seem to be so angry.

Best Answer

"You are just trying to find an excuse for fat lazy americans !" &lt;-- you posted this, among other things, correct? Please explain how such statements are devoid of hate and anger.

Best Answer

yes...I am just undertall for my weight...

Best Answer

nothing should exist

Best Answer